AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Comps Challenge

Ok all you math whizzes...[sarcasm]You forgot the access easement for the one in the middle.[/sarcasm] 😀

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Email...Email

Do the appraiser, termite inspector, house inspector, workers who did needed fix-ups on the property to make it salable, and title company get paid at...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA & non-recorded easement

One thing that makes this forum so interesting is that you usually get clear-cut answers. Some answers are a firm "yes" and some answers to the same ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the corner?

You forgot the sarcasm font.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New Beginnings and where to start

Get a good textbook on basic surveying, perhaps Wolf & Ghilani, and digest it in the evenings. That will help you know what's going on in the fie...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the corner?

>My main purpose in this exercise is to learn something new... I am not putting up a fence or anything else.I'm not a surveyor. I've studied a lot...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Comps Challenge

If this is a practical problem, I agree with Paden that some redundancy of measurement is absolutely required to have any confidence in the answer. N...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hand held old gps units?

When I got my used Garmin many years ago it was too far from the last position it had been used, and I had to tell it so in order for it to do the rig...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Tribrach Calibration

I'm sure you saw the [msg=155602]old thread[/msg] that was recently revived on tribrach calibration. The fact that it uses a laser pointer instead of...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Phase Lock Loop Error

The PLL is probably the one that makes the operating frequency by reference to a crystal standard.Diagnosis from someone who has never seen that unit:...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: At my wit's end... Need advice

My reaction would depend on several factors. Does he give good instructions, or are the mistakes because you are guessing? When you get chewed out, do...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Working with Z-Max in rain

>if one was to put a thin plastic bag over the field base and rover stations that we would get poor or distorted readings ?Put a sample of the type...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Smartworx '3 point curves' SUCK!

I get it now. I hadn't figured out the relationship of the 2 ft in your example. You are entering enough parameters.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Smartworx '3 point curves' SUCK!

two points do not define a rectangle. It takes at least one other parameter such as length or azimuth of a line. And that may still leave ambiguitie...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS/RTK Guidelines

*Positional tolerances, both local to the project and if applicable also to NAD83.*Full and properly stated metadata.*Redundancy of measurements, with...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Intent, Estoppel, Notification

If the easement was of record when Jones bought his lot, I don't see that he has a case.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Intent, Estoppel, Notification

I like Paul's reasoning.One has to wonder why the original plat did not just make the driveway part of the (otherwise landlocked) lot.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum thread hijack

Now that you mention Father Point, I'm curious why TY5255 doesn't bring up a data sheet. Yes, it was held fixed in the adjustment and it's outside th...

12 years ago
Page 415 / 501