AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: AutoCAD question - Architectural vs. Engineering Units

If I were in the business, I'm afraid I would be a royal pain to the architect until they learned to do it right or refused to work with me any longer...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument carry

I watched a guy move his Trimble robot the other day. He put his shoulder under the tripod head and held the legs so the instrument stayed nearly upr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Point Staking generation

Larry will be along shortly to ask what the value is to the client.Also perhaps, what your liability exposure is.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Rant: On

>frickelfrackerI hadn't heard of that one. Is it more like a doohickey or a thingamabob?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SOUTH NTS 355r shooting incorrect distances

Have you checked the grid factor setting?Bump - I see John checked in today. I'm really curious whether the grid factor idea mentioned above checked ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement Note on Survey

Educate me - is an easement enforceable on a party who had no notice by recording or otherwise, even where a prior deed to another buyer might not be?...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What if you had designed the PLSS?

Except that the International foot didn't exist until 1959 or 1960, after a majority of the PLSS was done. Not that it makes a significant difference...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 1228
Reply
RE: Surveying with Solar Compass question...

My impression is that Dave Ingram is quoting the ultimate achievable accuracy, and most uses would not have been that accurate.Readings taken too near...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod Conversion??

10 tripods x 2 good legs each / 3 legs needed = 6 good tripods just by swapping legs.Put the lever locks on the other 4.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SOUTH NTS 355r shooting incorrect distances

He said the error is proportional to distance. That is not a tribrach or prism problem, which would tend to give errors around 0.1 ft at any distance...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SOUTH NTS 355r shooting incorrect distances

>I found a setting for feet and it's settable, but upon power up, it always defaults to meters.I found a manual here, and it's almost readable.Sect...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Optical plummet vs. laser plummet

Carry a stick of chalk in your gear for brightening up the end of a rod in a hole.

12 years ago
Page 414 / 501