AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: Prism offset of unknown prism

For determining the distance between two close points, sure, use the tape and expect better accuracy and faster.For determining the offset of the pris...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with Boundary Call

>using the lower case letter "o" for the degree symbol.Typewriters didn't have a degree symbol, so the letter o was always used. If the typist was...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement or Fee Title

The document is a marvel of ambiguity, but I see why you are leaning toward an easement, given the use of that word and enumeration of the rights so g...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with Boundary Call

At that date, I wouldn't have expected a compass traverse, but the description would make sense as foresight from this corner to the next S 46 deg. 30...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground TTT

It would make no sense to ignore something that can be used to improve accuracy. Keep the error budget for things you can't control.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild T2 Zenith Angle Issue

I haven't used that model, but my textbook seems to indicate the values are always added, so the 2nd one would be 275°-06'-31". If it was 274°-56'-31...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Merging two open traverses

Here is the Star*Net .dat file for the case I ran above, disregarding some data so there was only one check measurement. You can change this as need...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you know what would really help?

>telephone pedestals and power poles approximating lot corners.I think the utility people believe they are doing a favor by putting their stuff at ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism offset of unknown prism

>The apex at the rear of the prism is in line with the prism poleIf the physical back of the prism is in line with the pole, it is in the -30 mm po...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism offset of unknown prism

I re-read my post and think the last two paragraphs should read:If you use the 0 offset mounting, you don't have to fuss with a correction. However, ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism offset of unknown prism

I think you demonstrated they have the same (0 or other) offset. Try AC- (AB+BC) method (I label point B in the middle) on each of your prisms to get...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone Guardian

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see ambiguity. I would be choosing between the one that looks rough like concrete just above the higher grass level,...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone Guardian

That's cool>when headstones are replaced, they may not be 'perzactly where they used to be.I don't think vandals are going to move Mr. Moore's monu...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Merging two open traverses

If you suspect a slope distance might have been entered instead of a horizontal distance, you might want to remeasure points 2-3. That side is almost...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

NAD83 realizations are tied as best possible to fixed positions on the North American tectonic plate, so there is very little drift between realizatio...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I Have an Odd One, Need a Bit of Advice

>In the future make sure your contracts state that you own all your work product and that you license a copy to client for their use on the project...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Merging two open traverses

I think your diagram has 2 unoccupied points, where the far ends of the traverses are the same point seen from two different places, resulting in 2 di...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Merging two open traverses

If there are two missing angles, then what you say is true. If he measured all but one angle (any one), then there is no huge ambiguity but any attem...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Merging two open traverses

Your method of combining sounds reasonable. It doesn't matter what order you actually measured the angles and distances. You have enough data to clo...

12 years ago
Page 407 / 501