Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
GPS works by measuring the time and hence the distance from satellites. If the signal has more than one path to the antenna due to reflections, then ...
Following the 1902 Surveyor Today (Photos)Wish I knew more about blazes. The mark on the cypress seems surprisingly low on the tree, not more than 3 ...
>turn off the vertical solution with trimble for better /faster horizontal results?Re-read how GPS works. There isn't a separate height measuremen...
That's some hard work. If I calculated right, points average a hundred yards apart and you get 3 minutes per point for travel, measurement, and staki...
There are two aspects to the radiation. One is described by the energy or wavelength of the rays, which in an X-ray machine is usually set by the kil...
It would be great if it works, but I think you are looking for a VERY low contrast image. Since the healed scribing is wood over wood, you are only l...
I assume that 180 was meant to be 80.Monuments over numbers. Follow the original footsteps even if they aren't what the paper says, or the LS's plan ...
Still not quiteThe POB on this version is not at the right bearing or distance from point 1 or point 7. Holding those other points I find the longitu...
Looking betterI was putting your coordinates into GE while you posted. I see the difficulty of sight lines. However, 2-7 is a high priority, along w...
Looking betterI suspect a lot of the remaining error is centering on the points. For instance, if your target leans off 0.05 ft (5/8 inch) for your s...
>cannot be obfuscatedNo argument with the rest of your post, but the obfuscation has already occurred.
Rounding adds + or - error to the number, and so should be chosen to preserve nearly all the useful precision and not much false precision. If you co...
With found monuments, a plausible reason for their location, and a garage that seems to have been there without objection (did it rely on the pipes?),...
Some cautions:I bought a triple-prism setup of that style on ebay for a long distance measurement, and found that the glue had given way so all the pr...