AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: DOT Surplus Gear (Auction)

A guy gave me a Lenker rod that his father-in-law thought looked interesting and rescued from being discarded. It's old, but in looking it over I fin...

12 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Starnet help

getting interestingIf you get rid of the 96.09 and the angle at 8 of 274-56-30 then the rest of the measurements fit reasonably. They also pass the c...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Any liability?

They probably aren't going to know what you are doing at the time, and wonder later how you determined the boundary.If they do challenge you, you are ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet help

"Final" Review pleaseRegarding Chi Square test, see my post above at August 13, 2014, 21:44The 6-7-8 region has large error ellipses for two reasons. ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth, accuracy

Another annoyanceI haven't found a place marker in GE that is centered on its coordinates. They use a corner of the symbol so it appears to move as y...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet help

Field notes?For field note examples, get any basic surveying textbook you can find from a few decades ago. I particularly like my 1960's Davis, Foote...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet help

Starnet syntax errorYou forgot the dashes in the angles. Star*Net insists on that to help with the parsing of optional entries on the line.There are ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet help

Under Plot Options / Sizing there is an Ellipse Exaggeration Factor. Perhaps a good value would be about 10 for this problem. It's arbitrary, just u...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors Historical Society Rendezvous 2014

I'm bummed that it doesn't look like I'm going. I really wanted to go on the mound hunt.My wife and I had a great time at last year's event and made ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet help

You did a traverse, but can enter the data from a traverse in network format, which is what I usually do, or enter it as in traverse format.I haven't ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet help

I don't use the Traverse feature much. I just do a network, but I'm sure I can figure out the traverse format. An advantage of a network is that you...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Vermont SPCS scale factor

Download CORPSCON and check against its results.As mentioned, the factor depends on where you are relative to the SPC zone.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Well, that got the neighborhood stirred up

I wouldn't bet that vice grips, knowledge of the lever, and athletic strength were beyond the neigbors' capabilities. I'd have pulled a string betwee...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Remarking Boundary

You can haggle over technicalities, but in practice these guys are not going to harm the public. There is far more risk in going out to some developm...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Minor Puzzle from 1902

unexplained discrepancies>grokI'd say no apology needed, as your usage is almost exactly the sense I get from the book. It implies a deeper and mo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: H.R. 5075

A recent [msg=273498]thread[/msg] on it

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Optical Plummet

>I'm looking more in the 1:10000 range,The typical tribrach plummet is built for the 1:1,000 range, maybe 1:3,000 with care, since it ordinarily is...

12 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Total station horizontal angle/vertical angle ??

If the instrument was carefully leveled before turning the angle, then there is an adjustment problem in that the axis of the vertical motion is not h...

12 years ago
Page 405 / 501