Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
As I said in a post above ...A latitude and longitude determine a point of zero size. If you are looking at a display with 0.001 minute resolution, th...
Easier links:The [msg=260784]earlier thread[/msg] about the project, with pictures.I am amazed to find my old Garmin (see values posted in June) match...
He was asking for an exact match to 0.001 minute. One minute is 6 feet of latitude, or 5 feet (in NC) of longitude.The latitude and longitude determi...
Have you compared the distances between the "bullseyes" to the distances you can calculate from the coordinates? You can do that with the numbers you...
It is unclear to me whether this is about vertical motion such as settling, or about departure of a structure from vertical. Different problems, even...
>capable of turning on a powered-down phone and essentially using it as a bugI don't believe some of the statements in that article. If the phone ...
>sight a specific edge of the lath (left or right side)For precise work, it is always advisable to have a symmetrical target and not an edge. The ...
>We begin with a backsight of at least 700 and try to keep the legs of the traverse under that.I don't see the advantage of short traverse legs. T...
How about Section 14 and othersThis reminds me of the quote from Ira Cook, the GLO surveyor of thin sections along the Iowa-Minnesota border, who had ...
Deed Closes Perfectly Well>How did you arrive at that?He reversed the direction of two lines so they went SE SW NW NE SEThen it closes fine.He...
Leveling a gunHarold's advice is good. I want to re-emphasize some points.I found this one very counter-intuitive until I analyzed it carefully. At ...
It probably just needs tightening of the little screws that press down the threads against the leveling screws so they don't wiggle, and a leveling/po...
The numbers on your plat are probably not latitude and longitude, but rather bearing or azimuth of the line.It may not be the case on your lot, but it...
Not a TrollI was skeptical, but now think he's on the level, just very cautions about spilling the beans on what he is convinced is a huge discovery, ...
Someone may have used that format as a personal shorthand. If you've found it to work for some points of interest, then you must have it figured out. ...
As others have said repeatedly, electronics is quite capable of locating a point that was accurately placed in a known modern system of measurements. ...
I think the key word is "meanders". I can think of several definitions of dugout, but only some form of ditch would have meanders.