Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Where did you think Star*Net was going to put those points? It has to find coordinates for them somehow to calculate angles with. I'm pretty sure tha...
Did you give enough distances? They don't need to be precise, but must be present sufficient to locate all points.I tend to avoid the combination rec...
Would the ability to read out either degrees or gons imply that they need a finer resolution on the circle to be able to convert to either with the ad...
I'll Send You My RobotIt's been mentioned on here many times that a robot's sensor may not be positioned exactly the same as the crosshairs. It may o...
Meaning 5" Readings Never Gets You Better Than 5">if the standard error of instrument centering is +/-0.4mm or less.That's a test that needs to be ...
mystery solvedAt first glance, I see no relationship in the situation or person.
Meaning 5" Readings Never Gets You Better Than 5"If you have a two-plate instrument (two horizontal motion screws), then it is easy to use randomly di...
Target distance.A reason for using the greatest convenient distance is to minimize the effects of anything moving. If, for instance, a tripod leg sin...
If I understand your description, you should be able to find the information in any relevant textbook or reference, or derive it from basic trig.If yo...
Good point.In this case, those numbers tell pretty much the same story.
Note that the reduced mean direction for target 3 changed only 5" between the 1st and 2nd set, and not at all between 3rd and 4th, but had a huge chan...
You need to walk through his steps in the old thread again. First, I think he was finding the statistics of a D+R pair, so there are no left and righ...
I want to know who signed off on the design, particularly that of the attachments, and whether the contractor cut any corners.
A differentiation should be made between surveying districts and land office districts, as there were relatively few offices giving out contracts and ...
I was asking about ambiguous wording in the original post, which has not been answered. Your meaning was clear in your hijack.
I give upI think everyone has explained everything they can with the information available, in multiple wordings, and none of them have seemed to clic...
Surveying draws those people. Retracing boundaries is detective work for specialists. They gather the clues from old documentation, detect lies (blu...