AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Home Office or "Store Front" Office

I'm surprised the zoning folks haven't "remedied" that convenient situation.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How would it have best been done in the "Old Days"?

Rubey, Lommel, and Todd is worth reading, but I much prefer Davis, Foote, and Kelly for the "how it used to be done" as they seem to give better expla...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometric Datum of 2022 and State Plane Coordinate System

>SPC coordinates would remain the same (or very close)"Close" is how you create MAXIMUM confusion. Please use different false N & E values.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Iowa Sec. 16 Question

More possible referencesA 38-page book from 1869 about the company:Burlington_Cedar_Rapids_and_MinnesotaThe appendix may be helpful in understanding t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Iowa Sec. 16 Question

A quick scan of the index and RR chapter of the Lokken book found nothing specific to that railroad, nor any discussion of legal fine points of the gr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Iowa Sec. 16 Question

I think that RR went through West Branch, the town where Herbert Hoover was born, although the trail certainly isn't continuous over the whole distanc...

12 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: FAA 1-A & 2-C Letters

You said it has to be stamped. I'll be surprised if a license issued in one state is any better than no license in another state. The possible excep...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ethernet adapter stops working randomly

I connected an additional computer to my router and just couldn't get it set up to find my network. In the course of trying different things I plugge...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Blatant FEMA Floodzone Mess

You can hope the tick off a senator or other high official who can bring some pressure to bear.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New Training Videos for Archaeologists!

Some archaeologists in Iowa are using total stations to record 3-D coordinates on every artifact and soil sample with appropriate codes for sorting. ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Angles or Distances: Comparing standard errors

Remember that distance * tangent(angle error) tells you how far off sideways you might expect to be. That's a good start for comparing angle versus d...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

Except that if we allow that distance to be more than 40, then we can all come up with answers that would work but are different. If we assume it is ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

Nothing in the problem says that point 8 is a given distance from the line 1-2. It just happens that from the radii specified over east of it, the di...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

I agree with 47.00 ft. I didn't work it with trig formulas and calculator, but I think if I was motivated, I could. I used my LS software to fit an a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it possible to layout a radius w/out using a radius point

You got some correct replies, but they probably don't tell you much except that it is possible. Most curves (unless very small) are, in fact, laid ou...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

There are an infinite number of answers, depending on how much you exceed the 40 ft minimum. I would expect for the purposes of the problem they want...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fun with the neighbors on a Friday afternoon

Fun with the neighbors on a Sunday afternoon>"Are they going to widen the road?"I sometimes recover bench marks and report to NGS. There was one i...

12 years ago
Page 383 / 501