Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Excel DDMMSS to Decimal DD.xxxxxxCan't you use the unpacked version of the csv file in my second link?for decimal degrees=L3+M3/60+N3/3600
2015 Polaris Ephemeris problemMaybe I don't understand the question, but if it reads into Excel satisfactorily you can just select columns you don't w...
2015 Polaris Ephemeris problemI'm not familiar with CEFB. But here's that file reformatted as a csv. I hope Jerry doesn't mind. Note that the angle...
That would be approximately consistent with the coordinates being modified SPC, scaled to some project elevation, although I'd have guessed it to be m...
Congratulations. With that many pages, it must represent an enormous amount of work.I have to wonder from all the accomplishments, are there multiple...
If you are givenN 305160.43E 2206939.84that looks like either State Plane or modified state plane. Unfortunately there is a common practice of scalin...
Google Earth's measuring tool offers feet, miles, meters, km, nautical miles, and several others including Smoots, but sadly no chains.
I can't quite picture what you are looking for. Can you post a description or sketch of what the display should look like?
I don't think a mistake in any single angle/bearing or distance would explain it, and swapping a pair of distances doesn't seem to do it either.Unless...
As an aside ...I haven't worked nearly so hard on the question of where my g-g-g-g-grandfather's land was in 1830's about 230 miles west of the parcel...
> the legal doesn't close for over 100'+.Dropped call so the parcel was supposed to have another 100 ft side? Scrivener's error changing one dista...
Solution 2 Plot:I'm assuming the bridge is about where the road always did cross the stream and is very near the NE'ly corner of the parcel. Also tha...
This one?
>flo pink flagging to during hunting seasonsThe legal requirement for hunters is to wear orange, and that's what they are watching for, so they don...
That first picture will protect the operator and instrument from sun, which may help with accuracy as well as comfort. But heaven help you if a sudde...
Not sure the article would cause any un-glazing.I haven't researched the cited case, but it seems to me that justice would have required the couple to...
In most places, surveying your own land is legal. If you, on your own, were to try to set a corner between your land and a neighbor that is clearly i...
Where are you located? I'd be a little suspicious of any survey plat in the US that used the punctuation 2632' S89.33.17W because that would be quite...
You don't have things sorted out yet in your reading. The 300 ft max sight distance and discussion of curvature and refraction are in the chapter on ...
When working off a plat, the first thing to look for is a "basis of bearings" statement. These are not always as clear and well-defined as they shoul...