AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

How do you find the intermediate points?I still want to know how others would work the problem of finding the intermediate points.I converted the end ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Intermediate points?What are the chances any intermediate points remain? The description says "marked with copper rivets in the top of 4 by 6 inch po...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Page Base Link USC&G Annual Report 1901The base line report says the SW Base elevation was 626.6 meters and gives the average for each of the 8 se...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Angry Client

>might have taken out a lot corner monument. She didn't understand that.Jeez ... anybody should be able to understand that.[sarcasm]But all you hav...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Curiousity killed the cat...

Hijack - GapHas there been any reliance?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Page Base Link USC&G Annual Report 1901On further reading, I see that 8251.7569m was the sum of 8 surface distances, each with a different height....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Page Base Link USC&G Annual Report 1901Great find. So the line was reduced to "sea level" in 8 segments.They give an overall probable error in th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

For anyone interested in studying the minutae, the NGS data sheets areSouthwest BaseNortheast BaseThere were some apples, oranges, and pomegranates in...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Epping BaseI couldn't find the article in a brief search, but did find a mention here of such an article by Andrew Kekacs.A quote from there:the GPS m...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Dogpatch

An' if that don't work, Mammy'll put a double whammy on ya.Edit: Now I'm not so sure I remembered right. I went looking for a picture, and find very ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Great work. It's always good to remind the public that surveying is important.Did anyone consider an EDM traverse to compare to the original distance...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Handy Tips

Or those red reflectors on fiberglass rods that are sold to set by your driveway. Cut the rod down to a manageable length, and you have three or four...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Requirements

And how much do the barges move? You would probably need to attach instruments to the trusses themselves. And how are the trusses supported, with re...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Long-Tailed Mice

I can use any halfway decent mouse, but the keyboard is super important - I hate most of them. A long time ago I grabbed several keyboards that have ...

11 years ago
Page 374 / 501