Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
>But it does sting a little bit to think that after a lifetime of surveying, I'm going to leave the next watch up to surveyors of his caliber.As a ...
If you remain logged in after posting, you should see an Edit option in the lower right of the post. That is valid for 60 minutes or until someone po...
If you're the field guy, don't you have a supervising PLS to tell you how things work locally?
Page Baseline--Bill's intermediate pointsOur agreement seems to show lack of blunders, but if they are modeling the same thing, shouldn't they get the...
Page Baseline--Bill's intermediate pointsI'm disappointed that our coordinates differ by up to 15 mm.I also got 583.6 as the NE base elevation. Note ...
Don't miss the review on pages 168-169 (PDF page 165-6), which gives a perspective on the techniques versus prior work.
I think there is a 60 msec value somewhere in the relationship of kinds of time, but the leap adjustment is always exactly 1 second.GPS doesn't know a...
why do I love this bar?>it's a nice crowd isn't it?It depends.
Why not, and what terms do you use?
>a 1/8th stoneIs that another long-running debate, whether it should be called a 1/16 corner? I hadn't run into the 1/8 designation before, and th...
Next thread linkTo cross reference in case someone reads this in the future, here is the [msg=319870]next thread[/msg]
OK, "Not-my-real-name">SIP is Set Iron Pipe, FIP is Found Iron Pipe.Among people in the business, you'll probably be understood more often than not...
Previous [msg=318897]thread[/msg]I've cogitated a bit over this example, but haven't gone through the detail of your recent post yet.I doubt the C&...
To clarify my point: It is quite rare, isn't it, to find original GLO monuments such that the south line of sec 32 was twice the west half of sec 33, ...
Such a move would tend to increase the popularity of Linux.
I bet he thought he had it all figured out.That technicality might work to let him sell something he didn't own without committing a crime. The title...
If you were missing only one monument, how did you end up with three ~half-mile distances coming out the same to a tenth? Was the original survey tha...