Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 12:00 pm
So when did bad work become more common? I've looked over a few local subdivision plats and two of them from the 1950's don't close on paper (& c...
Holy Cow, post: 337541, member: 50 wrote: I put it in the mail at the post office that delivers his mail. It really didn't even need to leave that loc...
You have a lot of redundancy, but I can't tell if it is spread around. For instance, umpteen measurements of one variable and one measurement of the ...
Could part of the difference be due to the assumptions built into the programs regarding whether it is to accept your estimates of std errors or to co...
I wonder whether that threaded portion is always screwed in the same amount - another small variable.
The vernier is mainly intended to allow you to set a declination that will let the needle point true north in your area. GLO surveyors of the early-mi...
llepu, post: 336235, member: 10131 wrote: Tolerances are 5mm/50m on hight (vertical deflection) and 10mm/100m lenghtwise. If I'm sufficiently awake...
Lots of tectonic activity ... so is the border going to be defined by the coordinates or by the monuments?
Ditto Mark's comment. I would also put the contents of the brochure, which seems a little crowded and busy as web pages go, on the page(s) in a littl...
I once went with the spelunking club into a cave that opened into a quarry. We started about 10 am and crawled in through a variety of types of passa...
vern, post: 335672, member: 3436 wrote: him or his agent Is someone hired to perform a boundary survey legally an agent? In one sense, an agent is a...
Howard Surveyor, post: 335620, member: 8835 wrote: the other surveyor ... had her elevations on the wrong datum and the structure located in a V zone ...
Holy Cow, post: 335482, member: 50 wrote: Still water only. No flow, no wind. In a large body of water, even when the wind stops you may still have ...
BS Surveying, post: 335329, member: 9461 wrote: shot a grid monument 14 miles away and nailed it What is a grid monument?How close is "nailed it" ?
Notice that it is all on the NW side of the highway as that road existed in 1960.