AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: Proper use of standard errors in the "C" data type line?

That was a discussion I initiated. The gist of the answer was that Star*Net believes your standard errors when computing the error ellipses and poste...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: College surveying curriculum

RIP Jobo. I used McIntyre's book in 1982 when I audited a land surveying course. I was afraid to take it for credit because it was a "just because I ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Employees and Personal Devices while at Work.

My 0.04 J. Penry, post: 340239, member: 321 wrote: secretly looking at stuff on his personal i-phone throughout the day. Anything that routinely take...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double quarter-corner sections 2 and 11 ??

Bill93, post: 339295, member: 87 wrote: I guess I need to go to the courthouse and find the corner records - they don't seem to be on line. I convinc...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Making and combining PDF files

You think surveyors will use sommething named Architect??

11 years ago
Reply
RE: curve layout

Is there any evidence on/in the ground? What is installed in the easement? In the case of patent ambiguity, go with whatever is most certain. I'd th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double quarter-corner sections 2 and 11 ??

This thread has brought out several examples or reasons that two corners might exist. None have suggested why a surveyor would set two. He does note...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

Just flagging the line would seem reasonable. But I see discussions on here that seem to indicate a lot of jurisdictions would require you to check t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

And your board lets you do this without providing a stamped survey plat?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

A property with a survey should be worth more than that property without, especially if it is complicated and has no apparent boundries.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double quarter-corner sections 2 and 11 ??

I'm pretty well convinced, given that possible reason, there is only one distance north-south to a quarter corner, and there is no indication of a sec...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting started with Least Squares

Paul in PA, post: 339444, member: 236 wrote: If you have to adjust ALL of your field work, then you are doing it wrong. When you file a record of sur...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting started with Least Squares

Another useful feature of many LS programs (Star*Net, for instance) is the ability to pre-plan the measurements you are going to need to get the requi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting started with Least Squares

Two points about LS:Make sure you give the program realistic estimates of your standard errors for centering, angles, distances, and GPS positions, in...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double quarter-corner sections 2 and 11 ??

summerprophet, post: 339365, member: 8874 wrote: The section corner falls at the base of an overhanging cliff.... it's just kinda cool. Now that's a ...

11 years ago
Page 361 / 501