AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

FL/GA PLS., post: 361411, member: 379 wrote: About North, I‰Ûªve lived in the same house for 18 years and know where North is but I still can‰Ûªt beli...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 5 Steps to Get Started in Social Media for Surveyors

Steps to get started? Too many people need a 12 step program to get off.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Improvised Traverse Points

Nate's cut off tree method isn't top secret. It's mentioned in the mystery Mayhem in the Catskills by Van Valkenburgh a couple decades ago.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

eapls2708, post: 361164, member: 589 wrote: One guy in the area uses some kind of copper sleeve that bonds to the top inch or so of the outside of the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PACS and SACS

Does this mean the PACS and SACS are already on a GPS plus geoid model for a vertical datum? So they don't relate directly to the old NAVD88 leveled ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's finds.

Brian Allen, post: 361180, member: 1333 wrote: if we only could get the land owners to be able to see, feel, and use those static GPS coordinates I w...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's finds.

Nate The Surveyor, post: 361154, member: 291 wrote: I have no idea how to get on NAD 27. McEntyre's book Land Survey Systems gives examples, and was ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Backsight distances

This is sort of related to the discussion of backsight distance. Some years ago my brother was speculating on what an object (A) on his horizon might ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Backsight distances

A rough guide isangle error = angle measurement error + arctan(centering / sight distance) If you can center to 0.01 ft and shoot 200 ft the centering...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar compass drawings?

bobwesterman, post: 360780, member: 7106 wrote: Have you seen this?Description of the solar compass Thanks. I didn't have that one. I think it is ...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 490
Reply
RE: Anyone remember how to write an autoexec.bat file?

Bill93, post: 360513, member: 87 wrote: Ok, with all the nostalgia, let's see if anyone recognizes this. There once was a time I had it memorized. Ap...

11 years ago
Page 347 / 501