AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 5:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Convert UTM to SPC?

thebionicman, post: 362374, member: 8136 wrote: Corpcon will work but may give a bogus scale factor I think in a thread last year we demonstrated tha...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Owner Category: Jerk

One of the most tense moments I've had doing benchmark recoveries was at one that had originally been at the ROW fence line out in the country. Someb...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PS exam Curves

vplayer, post: 362305, member: 9292 wrote: FS pass rate: 54%PS pass rate: 80%With that info alone, the PS is a far easier exam I don't follow the lo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation, and other forgotten skills

I'll repost the extreme example of triangulation I gave about a week ago. There's a tip here in case you ever need to work with a too-short baseline....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Strategy for determining the Basis of Bearings of a control network

You flip the scope to cancel any error due the line of sight not moving exactly in a plane perpendicular to the horizontal plane as you raise the sigh...

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 13
Views: 836
Reply
RE: OPUS based positions into GIS

There may be exceptions, but I'd think the later the datum realization you tell the software to use, the closer it would be to NAD3(2011). HARN would...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS on Benchmarks

NGS link shortcut: It's overdue for a recovery report, anyway. Be sure to check out the damage discussed in the GC logs and see if you think the elev...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

billvhill, post: 361681, member: 8398 wrote: moving a little so your on line with two objects. You mean it's common? I thought I was just weird. W...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotting 500 ac. Tract with 340 Sides

To get an inverse, just add a distance and bearing between the points and don't constrain them (If I remember correctly that's the * option). It will...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotting 500 ac. Tract with 340 Sides

rfc, post: 361502, member: 8882 wrote: I thought Star*net didn't do you much good without redundant data? Least squares is no better than compass rul...

11 years ago
Page 346 / 501