AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 9:42 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: Precise Orbit Availability Delay

There is some delay in getting the data to the NGS OPUS server. I had a session that ended before UTC midnight last evening. I checked the NASA web ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: First and only company loan is

I've even had to provide ID to just renew a certificate of deposit with the current "special" rate that is better than the automatic renewal. No mone...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Solar results are in...with Lunar Bonus Points!

Here's my current understanding: Astronomical north is defined by the celestial pole (which Polaris is within a degree of). If you sight the pole an...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Solar results are in...with Lunar Bonus Points!

I've looked briefly at Wolf & Ghilani _Elementary Surveying_ and realize I don't understand Laplace correction yet. What I said above is at leas...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constants

rfc, post: 367987, member: 8882 wrote: At 0mm offset, you can't aim at the center of the prism It's not just aiming for angle. The EDM will give a l...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed to land....different planet.

Did each member get a tax bill for 10 cents?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Number of people sitting for PS Exam

eapls2708, post: 367957, member: 589 wrote: there isn't much room for an unlicensed person in many organizations who isn't able or willing to progress...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Solar results are in...with Lunar Bonus Points!

Minor point: I think the Laplace correction given on the NGS data sheet is for Polaris (vertical angle matches latitude) and will be different for sol...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Number of people sitting for PS Exam

Timberwolf, post: 367766, member: 10599 wrote: four year degree requirement, and then once I get that, my experience starts all over. That's just wro...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Disheartening Section Corner

Not functionally good. Or something that rhymes with that and shouldnt be posted.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Time to turn in machetes?

Law baffles me. If someone attacks another person and injures them, why does it matter how their tool/weapon was classified?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculating height of a unknown point?

Bill93, post: 367534, member: 87 wrote: wants you to assume line 2-3 is level, or equivalently that 1-3 is plumb I meant to say:wants you to assume l...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculating height of a unknown point?

Some things are not clear about your problem:I suspect the writer of the problem wants you to assume line 2-3 is level, or equivalently that 1-3 is pl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Precise Orbit Availability Delay

Is this still the best place to check for availability? Does NGS OPUS update at the same time this one does? I submitted an OPUS session from week 189...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP (projections)

Bill93 said: ‰ ÔStupid question #N+1 : I think a LDP has less arc-to-chord correction by having the standard parallel and meridian close to your proje...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Benson Syndicate- The list..

For others who weren't familiar with the Benson Syndicate, here are two out of lots of hits in a search.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Purchase GPS????

Another option might be to buy an older GPS receiver for static sessions - far cheaper than an RTK setup. Set it up where there is sky and tie into i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Subtended Line ?

Being adjacent to a major river, it seems likely the boundary is riparian. When the land was earlier surveyed they meandered the river to have a desc...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Georgia Own Your Marshlands? Yep, Unless it or the King of England Gave it to You

In a quick scan I didn't see mention of the effect of changing extent of marshes. It would seem that the boundaries should have been set centuries ag...

10 years ago
Page 341 / 501