AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 9:42 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: Getaway Driveway

I think your client has an overactive imagination. If he really needed escape routes he wouldn't be telling everyone around about them.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

150 meters (490+ ft) isn't too bad a distance, but centering will be critical to keep the angle error to less than your error in the solars. I calcul...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Title to cemeteries

I think in Iowa some rural cemeteries have been deeded to the Township Trustees. That would slightly reduce the tax bill for the surrounding landowne...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculating expected accuracy in GPS

And do you add the errors directly or do you do sqrt sum of squares? That answer will depend on whether the errors are directly related or statistall...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP (projections)

I still need to get the LDP convergence angle equattions added so I can keep the Polaris sights in the adjustment. There are few distance measurement...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP (projections)

Loyal, post: 366301, member: 228 wrote: USGS Professional Paper No. 1395 (which I linked a couple of days ago), has the requisite data I got a sprea...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Convergency?

Larry Scott, post: 366305, member: 8766 wrote: instructed to run 'straight line connecting' the standard corners At the time those instructions were ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP (projections)

So if somebody has designed an LDP and I have lat-lon points that I want to express in it, but don't have a major software package, how do I convert? ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics of found GPS base

You can add my picture from a while back of one I drove past.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 2016 ASPS Spring Conference & Trade Show

Thanks for the pictures. I always like pictures of the people who post.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

I figured if you are doing astro measurements you wanted geodetic azimuths. Using the SPC coordinates from the data sheets, I get SPC grid azimuths 17...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

Did I type something wrong into INVERSE or is the distance really 842.7767 meters (on ellipsoid) or 0.52 mile instead of 0.47 mile? About 2 or 3 cm l...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

You are quite lucky to have two good points close to you. Most people don't. I think the values given are +/- and not the arcs shown in your figure....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from Florida

Welcome. Are you the Kimberly who was taking pictures at the Surveyors Historical Society event in Philadelphia?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: String figures

I have no idea what that may be. It's easier to link your photo from your geocaching log than to deal with the overhead of services like photobucket.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Restored Range Poles

The patent text mentions the flutes in connection with stiffness against flexing. I don't see that as a big deal - it would be stronger than a cylindr...

10 years ago
Page 342 / 501