AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 27, 2026 5:17 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: Roots of a number and complex numbers

If you set up a base and take GPS data on N additional points, you have N independent vector measurements from the base. The many other vectors from ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm leaning towards taking on another project

Can you identify an unambiguous, well-defined point near the top of the silo to use for measurements?Having a reference point near the same vertical a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Roots of a number and complex numbers

Kris, you get a lot of vectors, but they are not independent. Each new measurement gives only one new independent vector. The rest are completely de...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: whats happening?

Holy Cow, post: 389646, member: 50 wrote: Every time I go to my doctor's office, an M.D. by the way, I see my doctor. Most of the time for me, also. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The job that keeps on giving

Monte, post: 389523, member: 11913 wrote: church ... can't get together on what they do want [rant]I'm in the middle of re-striping our church parkin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New to Elevation Certificates - Questions

What does the flood map in that area use for elevations? Should you use the bench marks on the map (which have probably subsided), or best determinat...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: CarlsonSurvey 2017 Google Earth

If it's an option, export a .kml instead of .kmz so you can use a text editor to see what's inside. Or unzip the .kmz using winzip.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA question of the day

Jim in AZ, post: 389315, member: 249 wrote: If you are performing an ALTA Survey you cannot show easements that are not listed in the Title Report - t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The case of the monument case.

My brother recently filed a recovery on one that is an example of how to NOT place them."AT BOTTOM OF 4 IN SEWER PIPE WITH SCREW CAP, SET VERTICALLY I...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 2012 Thread "Geodetic North Line" ?

Holding the SPC or UTM easting as you move northward will get you a grid north. For geodetic north you hold longitude in whichever system you are mea...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 2012 Thread "Geodetic North Line" ?

I'm with Tom. Once you establish a starting point, forget projections and just hold the longitude.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Database help

Try searching for info about importing or converting Access files to Open Office Base.I have no experience with that but have seen good compatibility...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's Field Picture

Andy Nold, post: 388934, member: 7 wrote: I'm not sure whether to scold the crew for wasting paint on their pet bunny or attaboy 'em for not wasting t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA question of the day

Jim in AZ, post: 388808, member: 249 wrote: How long is he required to be a watchdog for completed work? I didn't say whether he needed to dig for in...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA question of the day

Holy Cow, post: 388746, member: 50 wrote: It's not your problem to solve.Isn't he responsible for making the first client aware of the problem?It's a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Response to attorney

I believe in Iowa it is automatic that the road is subtracted and you are taxed on net acres.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Now THAT's a target!

[SARCASM]Wow! I knew you wanted a new astro sighting station, but this seems overkill.[/SARCASM]

10 years ago
Page 329 / 501