AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
beuckie
beuckie
@beuckie
Free
Joined: August 3, 2011 11:19 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:27 am
Topics: 60 / Replies: 289
Topic
9 months ago
Replies: 1
Views: 1692
Reply
RE: Older working equipment.

I still run a 15 years old Sokkia SRX5 robotic when i'm doing a wooded area, also setting control in busy streets or more "unsafe" areas is done with ...

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1485
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1121
Reply
RE: Incorrect GEB221 battery level Leica TPS1200 series?

I never use cheap rebranded ones. Always do these batteries fail or come short when trying to use them like branded ones. Why use $$$ instruments but...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking Piles on site

3 points on circle Best fit circle through 3 points and draw the center point. That's how i do it in Carlson

3 years ago
Reply
RE: DJI Zenmuse L1 Question

Why not keep the gear. Never understood people selling everything when purchasing something new. It's good to have a backup for all your gear. I as a ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Topcon GNSS

I don't know the solution to your problem but a new rover or even base-rover combo won't break the bank anymore. No need to go for Topcon as there are...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

I'd be happy to read some evidence about Topcon being lower quality.... I know for a fact that you pay premium at Trimble and Leica to support their w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

I would stay with Topcon. Am a Sokkia user myself and i purchased a new robot and manual ts last year. Looked at Trimble but wasn't keen on learning n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 wire

Sokkia and Topcon also usable with an inverted rod.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 wire

@beuckie yeah digital in production has pluses in workflow and speed. Just hate seeing newbie instrument guys working it without understanding more...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 wire

@beuckie That was a long time ago. I wouldn’t be using that today for sure. although today in my retirement phase I do shlep a T3 T2 N2 and HP3805 ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 wire

Do you still manually record hz, hv and ds and calculate your ts data yourself? Why would levelling be different. For the odd point a manual level is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Structure survey & Scanning

A high end scanner like a Riegl vz400i, Leica P40 or Z&f 5016 is needed for those kind of jobs.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lidar Surveying

@beuckie what is it with Riegl that makes them superior in your opinion? Family owned company, no Hexagon or other multinationel behind them Excel...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Affordable GPS

Go to Igage.com and look around. If you need some help talk with Mark Silver. +1 for my buddy Mark Silver.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lidar Surveying

We recently spent about $45k on a DJI drone and associated softwares. We have tried to use both Photogrammetry and LiDAR to create a deliverable drawi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Faster accurate terrestrial scanning with survey methodology.

@beuckie Do you know if it's possible to mark scan positions on the ground, does the vz have a laser plummet? We know our scan positions with a high...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing Rates

I have billing rates for standard TS, GNSS,... work and seperate for laserscanning jobs. Prep is hourly, staking is per half day and surveying jobs l...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 18