AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Texas Sectionalized

The location of the blocks is established and has been thoroughly adjudicated to satisfy the vacancy hunters. That is not in question. I am trying to ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Sectionalized

Reading and reviewing Atlantic Refining Company v. Noel 443 S.W.2d 35 (1968)

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Sectionalized

I am waiting for copies of the files to be mailed from the GLO so I am afraid I can't answer all your questions at this time. We should have paid for ...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 698
Reply
RE: Calling all Texas RPLS: literature request

I take issue with that. It's copyrighted for a reason. If I get mad at unauthorized copies of my surveys floating around I am certainly not going to e...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TEXAS FIELD NOTES AND TITLE COMPANYS

"Field Notes"=legal description and "plat"=map have a long history of usage in Texas surveying and comes from the General Land Office when the legal w...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO Symbols

The GLO just emailed me a PDF copy of the symbols. When I called them yesterday, nobody knew what I was talking about.

13 years ago
Reply
13 years ago
Topic
13 years ago
Replies: 6
Views: 1970
Reply
RE: The Survey Map Drafting Discussion TTT

I have normally used an open circle to denote a monument either found or set with an attached note detailing what the monument is. I picked up a lot o...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The Survey Map Drafting Discussion TTT

Yes, that is the response I expected. It's a reasonable reply and I'm not trying to bully you but, the use of that symbology convention does not seem ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi Rail in the snow pics

Block & Signal CircuitsThat is correct. There is a circuit between signal and the two rails. To activate the signal, the wheels and axles of the r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The Survey Map Drafting Discussion TTT

Hmm.. Seems odd to have a symbol only partially defined, convention notwithstanding.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The Survey Map Drafting Discussion TTT

Kent, recalling your map posted previously, I saw your convention was filled circle for found and hollow for set. I also noticed that you had a filled...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: urban stories

Keeping it WeirdThey're just keeping it weird.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Point Sphere

Downtown Fort Worth has one set on what was then known as the Fair Building in 1935. It was last recovered by a geocacher in 2009. I had been meaning ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: December 6, 2002

Me too, me too!I was there and surprising how many people I know who were also there.I would have replied the other day but I was iced in out at the r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Amber Light bar

I used to use Gall's when I was on the VFD.

13 years ago
Page 60 / 102