AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: 1940 Rebar Example

Max told me one time of how his pile of used boiler pipe was stolen from behind the shop. I don't recall if he said what year it was. I think he was t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Afternoon's Field Work

Cool. I wonder if they forgot to account for local attraction when calibrating their pointer wall. LOL.As for the orientation of the sections in West ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Certifying to future ownership

It's a public record, I don't see any problem with reporting publicly available information.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Afternoon's Field Work

Here's one of my favorites. 31.845973,-101.571297 It is about 5-6 ft high last time I saw it. Definitely some rocky semi-desert but with a little wate...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Certifying to future ownership

The easement plat normally includes the current owner name and the recording information for their deed. I'm sorry, but I won't knowingly certify some...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Afternoon's Field Work

In the first picture, what was the cedar stake in rock mound behind the tree? Is that a different corner?

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 1027
Reply
RE: Texas GLO GIS Original Survey Lines

It's a visual index of (some of) the data at the GLO. It's a finding tool for research, not a map.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO GIS Original Survey Lines

Some interesting information about the OTLS linework from the metadata:Abstract: An interpretation of the Original Texas Land Surveys boundaries and b...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic signature on multipage documents

Dave, same thing in Texas. The legislation allowing electronic commerce/signatures allows the definition of "original signature" to include electronic...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Connect Crowdfunding

You shoulda included the link in your post. It isn't always visible. Or at least not that I can see.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmark Suggestions

Updated InformationOK, I just got a new email from the client and it looks like these are going to be permanent benchmarks. We'll be setting rods driv...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmark Suggestions

We're gonna put thumbtacks in the greasewood for BM's.FWIW, I don't spike utility poles.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmark Suggestions

No poles, no trees no water spouts,Not a single luxury,Like Robinson Crusoe,As primative as can be.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmark Suggestions

Here is a link to Google streetview of the typical terrain, except that it is probably 20 miles off the highway.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmark Suggestions

Again, the soil type varies on each site. There is no guarantee that there is any rock on all of the sites. Where there is rock, it will be easy enoug...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 28
Views: 1739
Reply
RE: Crowdfunding Update & Stretch Goals

Yo, ENot to completely derail the thread, but:S&H Greenpoints"We no longer have any redemption centers open, however, you can trade in your Green ...

12 years ago
Page 53 / 102