AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Boulder, Colorado surveyors

[SARCASM]I could do it for $250+travel expenses. I am registered in Colorado and I could use a nice vacation.[/SARCASM]I'm estimating $1550 in travel ...

9 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Houston Flooding Pushed the Earth's Crust Down 2 Centimeters

Hmmm.... Is it crustal deformation or compression of the clay beds under Houston/subsidence?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Hatfield and Mccoy nonsense..

Kent McMillan, post: 445220, member: 3 wrote: Well, here's a link to a GPR suitability map of Pennsylvania based upon soil type. It hardly looks unfea...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Hatfield and Mccoy nonsense..

Lot less purple (unsuitable) in Pennsylvania than some of the areas I am working in.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 1897 Township Corner

Did you chalk the inscriptions or if not, how is it that they are so visible?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Rodman handles the neighbor

I used to work with a guy who went by Otto. I asked him if it was short for anything and he said no but he decided a long time ago that his first mid...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: County Road survey

Holy Cow, post: 443741, member: 50 wrote: Be thankful you aren't in Texas. I hear everything is tougher down there.:relieved::relieved:Yep. The top o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: TEXAS-CONTRACT FOR DEED/OWNER FINANCE

Rankin_File, post: 443296, member: 101 wrote: absolutely classic....Here's the link in case anyone wants to see it.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: TEXAS-CONTRACT FOR DEED/OWNER FINANCE

2 years and a couple months later and I am still messing with this survey. You know it's getting crusty when doing internet research leads you back to...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Keeping Tripod Legs Stable on Asphalt

I used a sheet of plywood on a rooftop project where I had to protect the roofing material from damage.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: IMPORTANT: Upcoming Updates & Enhancements

Loyal, post: 442299, member: 228 wrote: Good thing that you're not in Texas!It would take several weeks due to the additional complexity...:cool:Appar...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Found it

It's a who's who of Texas surveyors down there. I just ran across Dennis Corwin's resurvey of Block 16, G.H. & S.A. Ry Co Survey. His map is wonde...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1871 Corner, the 1971 Nail, and Now

I'm still wondering how he crossed the 8 foot game fence. I was hoping it involved some sort of catapult contraption.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Found it

Has anyone ever followed Ken Barnes? From what I gather, he came out to Terlingua to work on the Terlingua Ranch survey done by Urban Engineering in 1...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Just won the lotto well sort of

Scott Ellis, post: 441994, member: 7154 wrote: Still easy to do fill out the form they mail you, put copies of the CEs, and mail it back to the board....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Just won the lotto well sort of

I've been audited two years in a row in Texas and I am eligible to be audited every year. Supposedly random.

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 441
Reply
RE: Still not as hard as surveying in Texas...

Hey, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't paint with a broad brush. Don't ascribe these characteristics to all Texas surveyors when you ar...

9 years ago
Page 18 / 102