AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
adam
adam
@adam
Free
Joined: July 11, 2014 7:25 am
Last seen: October 31, 2025 10:18 am
Topics: 63 / Replies: 1102
Reply
RE: FCC / RTK

Good article Mark. Lots of folks around here don't have any idea they need a license. On the channel sharing report they sent me, it listed no other u...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC / RTK

I just received my fcc authorization a couple weeks ago. I went with a company, pay them and they do the rest. My emission designator came back as 11k...

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 1104
Reply
RE: Additional way to make $ as a Surveyor

I do quite a few machine control models. In my neck of the woods you have to be a licensed surveyor or engineer to build models. I have ran into sever...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

This is an engineer making the request. The site is going to be a solar farm. Last time I checked electricity and water dont mix. The state flood plai...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

I have possibly found a little common ground with the engineer. That is removing the graphical depiction of the BFE contour, but adding some text rega...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

My reply, "The State Director of ---------- Flood Plain Mapping advised me to show both. I understand the line marked ae floodline from fema panel is...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

"I see that he has added the FIRM map floodline, which is great. However, he is still showing and labeling his "field run" floodline. That is the line...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

Follow up on this matter. I spoke with our state director of our states flood mapping agency. He advised me to show the AE line from the panel as well...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trespassing, ethics, etc.

I have been told by former bosses, that here in NC, surveyors have a right to be along the boudaries of parcels, to look for evidence along the bounda...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Bids, bids, more bids

I have spent hours preparing bids for contractors with out ever getting anything from them except the request for another bid. Makes me wonder if they...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Any recommendations for third party verified digital signatures?

I questioned our board on Digital Signatures and they require that we use third party verification for electronic doc's, or print sign and scan.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Any recommendations for third party verified digital signatures?

I have always provided hard copies and sent all pdf's labeled preliminary, but a lot of folks are complaining that this takes to long to get the hard ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

So FEMA wants a surveyor to use a scaled line from the map instead of actual survey data and the listed elevation? By the way the area is very rural a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

thebionicman, post: 330247, member: 8136 wrote: One additional tip...The BFE shown on FIRM panels is usually not the same as one taken from the FIS. T...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

Jim in AZ, post: 330256, member: 249 wrote: Have you discussed this with you local flood plain administrator? I am awaiting a reply

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 35
Views: 1740
Page 57 / 59