AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Wild TC1000/TC1600 questions

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
1,187 Views
fenugrec
(@fenugrec)
Posts: 32
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi,

I'd like to jog the memory of anyone who has worked with those old units :

- the manual claims that the Light button illuminates both LCDs (it does) but also the crosshair. I'm assuming they're talking about the reticle in the main optics, and not the two small viewfinders ? It doesn't work on my unit, any idea where the lightbulb / LED would be ?

?ÿ

- I'm looking for the pinout of the 5-pin Lemo-0 connector; the manual I have says nothing about this and I can't find an old enough copy of "Wild instruments online" which might have had the info. The newer (>= 2000) document by Leica ("GSI Online for Leica TPS")?ÿ doesn't cover the TC units and doesn't cover pin assignments anyway.

?ÿ

Thanks!

Chris


 
Posted : November 3, 2019 6:23 pm
a-harris
(@a-harris)
Posts: 8759
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

This is the only info I have, Wild to HP48GX


 
Posted : November 3, 2019 6:56 pm
shelby-h-griggs-pls
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
Posts: 939
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

The viewfinders were not lit. The reticule should be lit however. I believe it is an LED and it was internal, if not working, no clue, but I think it will require instrument disassembly? I haven't used one since around 1995 so memory is a little weak 🙂

SHG


 
Posted : November 4, 2019 6:22 pm
fenugrec
(@fenugrec)
Posts: 32
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: @a-harris

This is the only info I have, Wild to HP48GX

Thanks for digging that out for me ! I should be able to work it out from there.

?ÿ

@SHG, that would make sense with what I've seen just taking off a few covers and tracing some wires. Pretty sure it's this plug, right under the EDM module, loctited so red that I can hear it say "Achtung ! Ist nicht fur gefingerpoken bei das Dumbkopfen..."

?ÿ

But LEDs aren't supposed to die that easy; I can't really blame them for putting it there.


 
Posted : November 4, 2019 9:58 pm