AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Topcon GT 500 series

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
647 Views
stacy-carroll
(@stacy-carroll)
Posts: 995
Member Founder
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

We are looking to purchase another robot and have had some demos. Any experienced users care to share the pros/cons of the Topcon GT 502? What about the Magnet software?

?ÿ

Thanks in advance,

Stacy


Me. "What's the difference?"
T.C. Carroll "It's the difference between right and wrong!"

 
Posted : December 21, 2017 2:21 pm
totalsurv
(@totalsurv)
Posts: 810
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Have a look at this thread towards the end. There may be some issues with this robot..

https://surveyorconnect.com/community/software-cad-mapping/magnet-field-can-i-input-co-ordinates/#post-459164


 
Posted : December 22, 2017 12:24 pm
russ455
(@russ455)
Posts: 93
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Looks like the motor issue was addressed thru a firmware update.?ÿ

?ÿ


 
Posted : December 23, 2017 7:54 am
just-a-surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)
Posts: 1945
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I have been advised to avoid the Magnet Software by a salesman whose name I will not mention. And I have also heard that some of the Topcons are making so you can only use the Magnet software. Some kind of proprietary extortion game they are playing, but since i bought the Geo-Max I can use whatever I want.


 
Posted : December 23, 2017 9:19 am
arctanx
(@arctanx-2-2-2)
Posts: 414
Member
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I've had no problem with the 505 and I've used it extensively over the past year. It works like a dream. You can purchase the OAF from Topcon to use third party software like Carlson. I'm just as productive with Magnet Field as I am with SurvPC.?ÿ


 
Posted : December 24, 2017 11:25 pm

gregg-gaffney
(@gregg-gaffney)
Posts: 200
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Good to hear that others are not dealing with what we did. Very glad your 505 is working well for you also.

Perhaps its like getting a lemon of a car - just surprised at what a fight it was to get a replacement. Topcon has now done the right thing so we will see how things go.

?ÿ


 
Posted : December 26, 2017 8:17 am