AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Parani SD1000 Bluetooth adapters: Rechargeable? Are there other good options as well?

16 Posts
7 Users
1 Reactions
1,957 Views
keithsCADservices
(@keithscadservices)
Posts: 79
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

How and where does one come about the charging cables for these? Or do they just charge via USB. Or worst case (which would surprise the hell out of me), they aren't rechargeable at all?

I know the Parani's are quite highly regarded on this forum. But I'm also curious if there are any other good options out there?

Thanks!!


 
Posted : July 23, 2022 11:34 am
timd1971
(@timd1971)
Posts: 242
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

You can add a battery to them and charge via USB cable or wall plug from what I understand.?ÿ But seems difficult to get clear answers here.?ÿ Contact them via their website for more info.?ÿ These things have increased substantially in price too btw, and u need 2.

http://www.senanetworks.com/sd1000-01.html

http://www.senanetworks.com/bpc-g03.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153894757122?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-8b0VkeYSNG&sssrc ="2349624&ssuid=1P8RkD2oQSa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY"

?ÿ

?ÿ

?ÿ

?ÿ

?ÿ

?ÿ


 
Posted : July 23, 2022 7:39 pm
jhframe
(@jim-frame)
Posts: 7477
Member Founder, Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: @timd1971

These things have increased substantially in price too

Percentage-wise, maybe, but they're still cheap, especially considering their capabilities.


 
Posted : July 23, 2022 9:58 pm
keithsCADservices
(@keithscadservices)
Posts: 79
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@timd1971

Posted by: @timd1971

You can add a battery to them and charge via USB cable or wall plug from what I understand.

It's unusually hard to find out how to actually recharge them, but it would be odd for them not to be rechargeable. Emailing them is a smart solution, thanks!!

Opposed to buying two of the SD1000's, would it be possible to pair one SD1000 with one of these?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304346909240?hash=item46dc7d4a38:g:rvsAAOSwgvlh~zqU

I'm planning (sort of) to use a Toshiba MZ-F1 with a USB port (but no serial port). It should be more or less the same but given I'm new to all of this and quite unfamiliar with Bluetooth...

@jim-frame

Posted by: @jim-frame

Percentage-wise, maybe, but they're still cheap, especially considering their capabilities.

Prior to digging into this further (found some neat stuff on YouTube after posting) I didn't really have a clue as far as the communications side of things went. Compared to buying/replacing radio components on total stations and their controllers, using Parani's instead is a far cheaper option. Looking up the cost of a radio handle on Ebay will quickly prove that your comment holds water well 😉 . Inflation is catching many off guard and is one reason I've been putting so much effort into figuring out what I actually need.

One of the better videos I found on YouTube (found it was easier to follow by increasing the playback speed) for anyone who's interested:

?ÿ

?ÿ

?ÿ


 
Posted : July 24, 2022 8:36 am
Hunt DeCorner
(@hunt-decorner)
Posts: 1
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Opposed to buying two of the SD1000's, would it be possible to pair one SD1000 with one of these?

Yes you can. ?ÿIƒ??ve used a UD100 connected to a Sokkia SHC5000 (Magnet Field) to communicate with an?ÿSD1000 connected to old Topcon GTS825. ?ÿWhich, by the way, makes the whole setup WAY more usable than the old SurveyPro DC I was using.


 
Posted : August 1, 2022 10:39 pm

timd1971
(@timd1971)
Posts: 242
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: @keithscadservices

Opposed to buying two of the SD1000's, would it be possible to pair one SD1000 with one of these?:

?ÿ

?ÿ

EBAY.COM "https://www.ebay.com/itm/304346909240?hash=item46dc7d4a38rvsAAOSwgvlh~zqU"

The person I emailed at Sena Networks said yes you can.


 
Posted : August 3, 2022 6:24 pm
timd1971
(@timd1971)
Posts: 242
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

After buying 2 sets of Parani SD1000. I also bought 2 extended batteries and 2 +5dBi antennas for them from www.westwardsales.com

You just remove the back cover via 2 screws, then using same screws add the external battery.?ÿ There are some flat charging connectors exposed under the cover that mate up with battery.

Use the coax power to USB cable OR the coax power with custom wiring RED/BLACK to charge from other power source.?ÿ (I think 12V is safe, (built in step down?) but best check) Or purchase external charging adapter.?ÿ But really the USB cable just easier with an existing USB charging block.

Also got a Sena Parani UD100-03 USB version.?ÿ The Blue Soliel software driver seems to be a extra paid real pain in the ass and apparently needed??ÿ I have to mess with that one more.


 
Posted : November 19, 2022 2:07 pm
anonymous_9036
(@Anonymous 9036)
Posts: 1216
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I vaguely remember installing the blue Soleil driver on the Panasonic fz-m1 when I got the sd1000u. I think it was a pain because I had to search and find a random tutorial somewhere on how to install it. In the end it all worked fine. I taped the parani to the back of the tablet with a USB extension cable, which fit fine with the tablet in its mount (actually a mount for a juniper mesa 2).?ÿ

Weird thing was if I forgot to turn the robot on before attempting to connect with the paranis, it would boot up the second I tried to connect, and it would fail the first try but connect on the second try because it had turned on by then. Saved me a couple of times from a long walk when I had turned it off to save battery power for a bit while not using it.?ÿ


 
Posted : November 19, 2022 4:51 pm
amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@jim-frame I was charging my Parani SD1000 (with battery pack) with its power turned off but none of the LED indicators lit up. With its power turned on, only the "mode" LED indicator was lit up. I had no way of knowing the state of battery. Is the battery pack already dead in this case?


 
Posted : December 19, 2025 9:09 pm
jhframe
(@jim-frame)
Posts: 7477
Member Founder, Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

That would be my guess, but I have almost no experience running them off the native battery.  Except for some initial experimentation, I've always powered them through the 9-pin port from the data collector.


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 1:31 am

amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@jim-frame Do you mean power is provided by the TS and not from the battery pack when it is connected to the TS via serial port?


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 1:36 am
jhframe
(@jim-frame)
Posts: 7477
Member Founder, Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

No.  My Carlson Surveyor+ data collector has +12v available on pin 4 of its 9-pin port, so I put the Parani in an aluminum box bolted to the DC and spliced a diode into the pin 4 wire (just in case).  That gave me power to the Parani directly from the DC, so no separate battery is required.  I've been using this setup for 10 years now, without a hitch.


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 9:21 am
Landbutcher464MHz
(@landbutcher464mhz)
Posts: 260
Member P&R
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

That is a very cool McGiver box there @jim-frame. What does the diode do?


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 10:17 am
jhframe
(@jim-frame)
Posts: 7477
Member Founder, Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

It's a zener diode to protect against voltage spikes or polarity reversal when the serial port is powered up. I'm not sure it's necessary, but there's a cautionary note in the DC manual about it.


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 10:24 am
1
amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@jim-frame I see. Thank you, Jim.


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 4:06 pm

amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@jim-frame Very informative. Thank you.


 
Posted : December 20, 2025 4:08 pm