Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
NSPS and the South Dakota society are putting on an America 250 celebration in Deadwood, October 18 to 20, and the program is better than I expected when I first put it on the calendar.
Monday is the day of it: buses to Mount Rushmore, dedication of an NSPS commemorative marker, and presentations on the memorial's survey history — plus an NGS session on NSRS modernization, which is the first time I've seen them put that in front of a general audience with a date attached to it.
The afternoon splits two ways. Crazy Horse Memorial, capped at 200, covers the carving and the surveying and monitoring behind it, including a presentation from the mountain crew. Or the Sanford Underground Research Facility in Lead, capped at 55, covering that site's surveying background and a trip down to the first level below the surface.
Tuesday is the NSPS fall business meeting.
It's $200 for the celebration, and online registration closes October 14. Monday is capped at 250 and both afternoon tours cap lower, so the SURF option especially isn't going to last.
https://nsps.us.com/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=2048002
Anyone going? And if you've ever been in the Crazy Horse mountain shop or down at SURF, I'd like to hear about it either way.
Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors