AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Leica_Wild T3000 Repair

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
2,181 Views
Paul Wyman OLS(Ret)
(@paul-wyman-olsret-2-2)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I have a Leica T3000 electronic theodolite and would like to undertake some maintenance.
If anyone has a T3000 service manual, I would be interested in purchasing or borrowing it.

Cheers
Paul Wyman (Ontario, Canada)


 
Posted : April 14, 2017 11:32 am
mike1202
(@mike1202)
Posts: 123
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Maybe you can look here http://www.autolevel.com/ for a guy called "SAM" or "SRB". I think he is selling Survey instruments Manuals.
I contacted him once, but the repair manual i was looking for was to expensive for me.
I donå«t know if he is reliable or scam. Maybe you would try and share your experience with him...


 
Posted : April 16, 2017 9:59 am
mike1202
(@mike1202)
Posts: 123
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Or Maybe this will help:
https://surveyorconnect.com/community/threads/wild-leica-t2002-notes.323373/


 
Posted : April 16, 2017 10:46 am
scott-zelenak
(@scott-zelenak)
Posts: 601
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Try the wild heerbrugg site run by Jurg Dedual.
He's got everything.


 
Posted : April 16, 2017 6:00 pm
Paul Wyman OLS(Ret)
(@paul-wyman-olsret-2-2)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. I am pursing 2 of the options to obtain service manuals and will post my success if any.
Cheers
Paul Wyman


 
Posted : April 17, 2017 8:54 am

Moe Shetty
(@moe-shetty)
Posts: 1430
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

email me paul


 
Posted : April 17, 2017 10:24 am
Paul Wyman OLS(Ret)
(@paul-wyman-olsret-2-2)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Moe Shetty, post: 423897, member: 138 wrote: email me paul

Hi Moe,
I am new to this forum and am not certain how to e-mail you. Hope this message reaches you.
If you wish to discuss the repair of a T3000 via e-mail please let me know how to reach you by e-mail.

Cheers
Paul


 
Posted : April 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Paul Wyman OLS(Ret)
(@paul-wyman-olsret-2-2)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

As a follow up to my request for T3000 service manual, I obtained the manual from the Wild Heerbrugg site run by Jurg Dedual. I had no success with "Sam" on the "AutoLevel.com" site. I left a message but have never received a reply.
Thanks to everyone for your help.
Cheers, Paul Wyman


 
Posted : April 22, 2017 2:56 pm
pmonta
(@pmonta)
Posts: 24
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi Paul,

I hope your T3000 servicing goes smoothly. The service manual has lots of detail. One of the things you may need to do fairly soon, if not immediately, is to replace the lithium cell that keeps the internal memory alive. The procedure is not too onerous, and DIgikey has the necessary cell from Tadiran in stock (or at least they did about a year ago), but I'd be happy to help with more detail if necessary.

In an emergency you can get by without replacing the cell---see this thread:

https://surveyorconnect.com/community/threads/t2002.329424/

Cheers,
Peter


 
Posted : April 22, 2017 11:34 pm
Paul Wyman OLS(Ret)
(@paul-wyman-olsret-2-2)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

pmonta, post: 424984, member: 10428 wrote: Hi Paul,

I hope your T3000 servicing goes smoothly. The service manual has lots of detail. One of the things you may need to do fairly soon, if not immediately, is to replace the lithium cell that keeps the internal memory alive. The procedure is not too onerous, and DIgikey has the necessary cell from Tadiran in stock (or at least they did about a year ago), but I'd be happy to help with more detail if necessary.

In an emergency you can get by without replacing the cell---see this thread:

https://surveyorconnect.com/community/threads/t2002.329424/

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. DigiKey appears to be out of the TL 5186 and I could not find it sold anywhere else. The TL 4986 appears to be the exact replacement (physical size, voltage, etc.). I tried out the TL 2450 which has the correct pin spacing and is the correct voltage (3.6 v) but it is 2 mm larger in diameter and will not fit as it hits the fuse near the battery. I am having trouble finding a TL 4986 here in Canada but it appears that a 1/2 AA 3.6 volt lithium (with solder leads) will fit if stood on its end.

Cheers
Paul


 
Posted : April 23, 2017 7:04 am

Chris9911
(@chris9911)
Posts: 4
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I picked up an autocollimating t3000, replaced the battery, and eventually got it to show hz/V. I have 3 questions with the repair:
1. I hit the 'comp' button and its shows perfect 00000/000000. Is there someting I gotta do so it will show the actual comp numbers?
2. How do I enter 'calibibration constants' from the battery lid sticker?
3. Can somebody from this forum sell me the full repair manual? I can paypal you the amount


 
Posted : June 1, 2017 8:55 pm
cibolo
(@cibolo)
Posts: 9
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Same questions 7 years later....

How to replace the NVRAM backup battery, (How to get the knobs off the case),

Where to find a service manual at $25 prices,

How to re-enter the factory data inside the battery compartment?


 
Posted : October 12, 2024 12:25 pm
cibolo
(@cibolo)
Posts: 9
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

How do you enter cal constants after replacing the lithium battery for the NVRAM in the T3000?


 
Posted : July 7, 2025 6:07 pm