AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Leica GPS500 Data Files

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
999 Views
ricky1947
(@ricky1947-2-2-2-2)
Posts: 24
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

The data files I see on the memory card do not separate the different static observation sessions. I am used to Trimble storing a new observation file every time the receiver was powered on. My receivers only seem to add data to the same file, at least it looks that way because the file size increases. My issue is that the file names stay the same. I cannot figure a way to tell it to store a new file for each observation session. How can I perform static observations on more than one point without changing memory cards or deleting the data off of the card first?

I am also trying to figure out how the naming convention works. I see the last 4 digits of the receiver serial number for the beginning of the ".o00' file name, the julian day is in the middle, but what does the "0" digits represent? I am used to the files being named: recvr serial # - julian day- session #.

Today my file was: 37930970.o00
Alaska local time: 702pm-914pm

Any help is appreciated.


 
Posted : April 7, 2017 11:52 pm
ron-cloninger
(@ron-cloninger)
Posts: 71
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Are you just turning the receiver on and off? Do you have the TR500 key pad to start and stop your static sessions? Does your receiver have the latest firmware update, a few years ago an update was needed and leica provided it free. Is has been a while since I used the 500's, at one time I used the leica 500 as a rover with a trimble 4800 base, but I did also did static with a couple 500s. that I had and it worked great, still have one 500 with the antenna and key pad but no batteries. Sorry I can't be more helpful, maybe someone else will.

Ron


 
Posted : April 8, 2017 6:04 am
shelby-h-griggs-pls
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
Posts: 939
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

File structure is close if not the same on the newer 1200's, you are right all data goes in a single *o00" file. If there is a way around that, I will learn something new today, only way I know is creating a new project, I think that forces a newly named file?

SHG


 
Posted : April 16, 2017 12:21 am