AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

HP Designjet 500 hassles (& solution)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
1,086 Views
cee-gee
(@cee-gee)
Posts: 482
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

My HP Designjet 500 stopped talking to my old HP desktop (W10) about a year ago. Then in April 2020 I bought a new Lenovo desktop that also runs W10. Badly needing the 500 to print something I monkeyed with it for hours, testing the cables, trying new drivers, the useless Windows troubleshooter, etc. etc. with no luck at all; not even a test page would print. Kept getting messages about a "0x0000007f error." Somehow I stumbled on the "HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0.7" on HP's Support site and downloaded and ran it (pretty user-friendly); I was immediately able to print a test page and then to my surprise was able to print from my drafting app just like the old days. Very pleased. Would not bet the farm that this is a permanent fix.Though it seems like one.


 
Posted : February 20, 2021 7:01 pm
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)
Posts: 1333
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Wish I would have run into that. I finally found a developer who had just written a new driver for the HP Designjet 500. L


 
Posted : February 20, 2021 8:29 pm
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)
Posts: 1333
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Loaded it and first plot plotted just like the Windows 7 days

?ÿ


 
Posted : February 20, 2021 8:30 pm