Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Trimble SCS900 vs Access

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
1,301 Views
zammo
(@zammo)
Posts: 104
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi everyone,
Been awhile since I was on here last. My boss recently bought a SPS730 with the intentions of using for both machine control and survey work. I've been fiddling around with the oversized/overweight tablet for a couple days now and I'm starting to loose my patience with the SCS900 software!! Is it just me or is it only really mean't for grade checking and what not on construction sites?

Admittedly I've been using a Leica 1200+ for nearly the last 8 years, so I might have to learn to speak english again after speaking swiss for all that time. Should I be looking into having Trimble Access installed on the controller also to use for survey work, and leave SCS900 for strictly machine control? I've heard alot of good things about Trimble survey equipment so I'm hoping that this is just a case of mismatched software for what I need.

Any feedback would be apppreciated.


 
Posted : January 14, 2017 11:14 am
Mark Mayer
(@mark-mayer)
Posts: 3371
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

zammo, post: 409100, member: 9087 wrote: Is it just me or is it only really mean't for grade checking and what not on construction sites?

It's not just you. SC900 has a very specialized skill set. Trimble Access is very good dc software. Get it added if you can.


 
Posted : January 14, 2017 11:15 am
squowse
(@squowse)
Posts: 998
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

As above. SCS900 is completely different to Access. I couldn't get my head round it at all and Access is definitely more powerful.
You will only need SCS900 if you are doing machine control with the total station.


 
Posted : January 14, 2017 4:43 pm
zammo
(@zammo)
Posts: 104
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Thanks for the help fellas, I spoke to the engineer today and he agreed to have it added to the tablet 🙂


 
Posted : January 16, 2017 3:43 am