Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Carlson 2019 wish list

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
973 Views
spotteddog
(@spotteddog)
Posts: 46
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hello - I called Carlson support and this is option is not available and I asked it get put on the "wish list". Knowing how knowledgeable and useful this community is, I am hopeful someone can help.  Here's the scenario:

When I start a project, I have specific sub-folders that are created by the "Project Setup" wizard automatically. I am wanting to have an excel spreadsheet loaded within a specific sub-folder during this setup. The spreadsheet will be housed in the same place on the server and I would prefer to not have to load it manually every time I start a project.  Any ideas?


 
Posted : June 17, 2020 10:26 am
ladd-nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
Posts: 738
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

The Carlson 2019 product line has ended (so has Carlson 2020) and the feature set for what will be the forthcoming Carlson 2021 release has (to my knowledge) been finalized and is currently in development testing so it would be some time before a Carlson-developed feature such as this is written.

My idea, however, would be to invoke some type of AutoLISP routine (presuming you're using the Carlson with IntelliCAD or AutoCAD add-on product) along the lines of the suggestions found in this thread:

https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/14228-copy-a-file-to-folder/

I'm quasi-embarrassed to admit that I've never learned LSP in my years to give you any specific pointers but between that or a simple DOS batch file, it should be possible to make the process fairly easy.

I hope this helps.


 
Posted : June 17, 2020 8:59 pm
spotteddog
(@spotteddog)
Posts: 46
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@ladd-nelson Thank you for the information. I will look at this particular LISP but similar to you, I do not have the knowledge to create said routine. Again, thank you for the information.


 
Posted : June 18, 2020 4:51 am
sergeant-schultz
(@sergeant-schultz)
Posts: 957
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Since we're wishing, I wish that the "rotate" command in icad would store the rotation angle; f'rinstance - rotate, select entity, select rotation pt., 180?ø.?ÿ

Then, for each subsequent entity, the angle would default to 180?ø until overridden.?ÿ Now 180 isn't a big deal to type in, but -153D52'49" or the like gets tedious after about 20 times.

I'm pretty sure Acad does this.

Thanks!


 
Posted : June 18, 2020 10:33 am
sireath
(@sireath)
Posts: 383
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@sergeant-schultz Just curious, wold it be easy to rotate the drawing as a whole? I know text can be done easily under edit/text/rotate text


 
Posted : June 19, 2020 7:48 pm