AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Working on the website today 2021-08-22

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
538 Views
Wendell
(@wendell)
Posts: 6058
Admin
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I'm going to be working on the website today and decided that I won't put it into maintenance mode unless I really have to. What this means for you, however, is that you may see some erratic behavior as you browse the site. The forum itself should continue to work without functionality issues (other than the bugs I'm working on), but it may display oddly at times. If you are okay with the display issues, you should still be able to participate in the forum.

I was going to put the whole site into maintenance mode, but thought I'd take a shot at some "cowboy coding" (working on a live site) and see how it goes. If it doesn't go very well and stuff is just too messy, I'll go ahead and start maintenance mode.

You've been warned! ?????ÿ


Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors

 
Posted : August 22, 2021 10:17 am
jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Posts: 4300
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Get er done!!!

?ÿ


GIF

 
Posted : August 22, 2021 10:25 am
peter-lothian
(@peter-lothian)
Posts: 1258
Member Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Looks like you succeeded. Everything seems to be working fine.


GIF

 
Posted : August 23, 2021 7:29 am
Wendell
(@wendell)
Posts: 6058
Admin
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

So far, so good. There's some general appearance issues left and the "Online Members" widget isn't working on forum-related pages, but other than that, seems to overall be a good thing.

The old design framework I was using started moving in a different direction that I didn't like, plus it seemed to be causing problems (hence the image upload issue). So I took this opportunity to upgrade and fix a few things, knowing full well that I'd likely have to tweak some things in the coming days/weeks.

I've also made everything more mobile-friendly. I do believe the site is overall faster now as well. 🙂


Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors

 
Posted : August 23, 2021 12:00 pm
Wendell
(@wendell)
Posts: 6058
Admin
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

The online members widget is working again. 🙂


Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors

 
Posted : August 23, 2021 4:57 pm

brad-ott
(@brad-ott)
Posts: 6178
Member Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Where is the recent posts button?

EDIT: ?ÿnm ~ I think I found it.

sorry.

EDIT x2: ?ÿmaybe not. ?ÿLooks like it is time for me to learn new habits here. ?ÿA good thing to keep the brain learning.


 
Posted : August 24, 2021 1:43 pm
Wendell
(@wendell)
Posts: 6058
Admin
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

It's in the same place. 🙂

?v=70f023dd88beba19b2654a9a2043b881


Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors

 
Posted : August 24, 2021 5:29 pm
brad-ott
(@brad-ott)
Posts: 6178
Member Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@wendell not on my iPhone. Shucks. ?ÿAlso, there used to be a little blue arrowƒ??

EDIT:

found it

?ÿ


 
Posted : August 24, 2021 5:44 pm
Wendell
(@wendell)
Posts: 6058
Admin
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Oh I see. The menu icon is shoved off the screen by the unusually large logo.... 😉


Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors

 
Posted : August 24, 2021 6:00 pm
jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Posts: 4300
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hey Wendell,

Can you please make more space between the cancel and the Reply buttons.

I'm fat fingering my posts to oblivion.


 
Posted : August 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Wendell
(@wendell)
Posts: 6058
Admin
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@jitterboogie?ÿ

I've just finished up several styling tweaks, one of which should make these buttons a lot easier to use on mobile phones. 🙂


Like what we do here? Start your Membership or Donate
Need a new or refreshed website? Websites for Surveyors

 
Posted : August 30, 2021 1:20 pm
jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Posts: 4300
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@wendell?ÿ

Thanks for your help!!

I forgot to mention it was only on the droid phone not my PC.

?ÿ

You rock!!!!


 
Posted : August 30, 2021 1:40 pm