Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
> > Aloha, Everyone: Thank you so much for your guidances. I was able to successfully practice all the four different KISS method suggested (kee...
> I ordered my setup over the weekend:> > Item Sku Qty Subtotal> Dipole Antenna - RP-SMA Right-Hand Thread, 3dBi DAT-G01R 2 $12.00&g...
The other side's view> I realize that this is not this biggest problem in the world, but it's been happening a lot lately.> > A client hires ...
Report from the field: Back 2 Basics--ResectionAloha, Dave:> It sounds like you did good. It isn't that critical to set an true azimuth from 200 t...
Report from the field: Back 2 Basics--Resection> 1. Set a spike (or whatever you normally use for a control point) at your desired instrument locat...
> This thread is amazing. BEERLEG rocks.> Thank you, Yoginatha Swami, Monk that Loves Land Surveying, and all those who contributed.> This is...
> Aloha, John: This is nice. First time seeing a setup in river bed! Good to hear the positive side of the use of resection when it is appropriate...
> If you set up a network of control points around your monastery and you are confident in the coordinates then you can free station new points in ...
recipes> do you have any recipes using bhut jolokia paste? i grew way too many of them last year, so i made a hot sauce, lethal hot. by the way, th...
> I don't like to resection (really free stationing when using angles and distances) to other surveyor's points, particularly record points that ar...
> Mr monk > shoot the first distance with the instrument only . Then add to the north of the 5000,5000 point. Then enter into the data collector...
> Yes, point in direction is a function in the cogo portion of survey pro. > > However, as with most things, there are always more than one w...
> A Silva Ranger pocket compass is very handy. I use the quadrant style. You can set the declination into it.> > You may want to acquire so...
> > Aloha, Kris: the sketch you made was immensely helpful to visualize with the explanation you've shared earlier. This going to be my first ex...
> Step by step method without resection.> > 1. Setup on instrument point, shoot distance to one of the corners .> 2. Enter say 5000 5000 i...
Aloha, Kris: the sketch you made was immensely helpful to visualize with the explanation you've shared earlier. This going to be my first exercise. No...
> I think a resection as you are mentioning it here is a poor idea. I would create a dummy set of coordinates, calling your instrument 2, backsigh...
> Your iphone would work fine. You're only trying to get close. In fact you could use any bearing you like if you want but the amount of rotation w...
> Not sure I can help with the Wisdom. Can definitely help with the knowledge.> > Just last week a fellow PLS friend of mine said something ...