AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
yswami
yswami
@yswami
Free
Joined: June 17, 2013 11:49 am
Topics: 75 / Replies: 873
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> For a traverse I use two sets, sometimes more if conditions indicate I need more. I turn all of my angles to the right as standard practice, need...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> Many modern instruments will digitally read the angle-right, or the angle-left. It isn't how you turn the scope, per se, but that you are readin...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> I turn all of my angles to the right as standard practice.> judAloha, Jud: Thank you so much for the clarification. Let me repeat what I under...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> We double all our angles and distances to traverse points > , this is set up in the data collector to allow whatever tolerances > you want....

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> When I traverse I always have my crews wrap angles to the right regardless of the bs distance. Aloha, Jp7191: Could you please elaborate this fo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

Aloha, After reading all these posts...I think I am bit more confuse than I was:'( One thing that I am reading in many posts are that if I am setting ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection was successful!

> I think you can picture this without a diagram. Best strength of figure could be a triangle with 3-60 degree angles. Then heading towards a r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> Here is the real trick question which might help you visualize the mathematics of the problem. If you are measuring angles between existing point...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS Leveling> Now, if you want to put the robot up for a minute and break out a level rod and auto level, now balan...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> Ideally you will want balanced sight distances. In real world application, that is not always possible, so you have to address those times. Kri...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> Make traverse lines as long as possible for the job you're doing. It doesn't matter whether a backsight is shorter than a foresight or vice verse...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> In our hills, we try to keep our hubs at a minimum of 200'. Sometimes it doesn't work. If it's close to 200 or less, the rule is to turn the an...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

Here is a trick question> If you traverse around a mile (20,000') with 40 points and miss the closing distance by 1', is this good enough?> >...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> If you take the error in a 10' backsight and force it into a 1000' foresight, you create 10 times the error. This is also the reason to keep the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> @yswami: To intuitively grasp the implications of short and unbalanced sights in meatspace, you can make three points on paper along a good strai...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

>...while tying to keep the legs as balanced as possible. This is difficult to do so I will usually set temporary points first, at all the stations...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

> What I do when I know I am going to be forced into a short leg is to if possible set or observe a distant feature with a recognizable point and t...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 52
Views: 3932
Reply
RE: Resection was successful!

> Also keep in mind that two points that agree are just two points that agree , you need three points to give you the angle agreement that you are ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection was successful!

Aloha, Jud: Thanks for the explanations!

13 years ago
Page 44 / 48