Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
I've been around the block(all at engineering/surveying offices with 1 exception) a bit in my career and can't say i worked anywhere that has had a cr...
@RobertUSA While i can't argue with saving $ if you don't need cloud services. But it pays for itself on a monthly basis in our workflow. The ability...
Sounds like you're using Trimble and i assume Access? We use Trimble Sync manager, all data collector files get duplicated and saved to the cloud dai...
Somewhere in the printer settings there is an option to rotate the prints 90 degrees.
I'm with @MightyMoe on this one. a properly setup site shouldn't require a calibration. We haven't calibrated for a very very long time. I do under...
For sure @RobertUSA They have never done one either and pretty much kicked it back to me to determine a plan and present it. I think I'm leaning towa...
Bluebeam does that, but we're usually going the other route. Tiff to PDF. Bluebeam is not free and not cheap. Download screenshot captor, its free a...
We also use the 360 camera on lots of projects but mainly for internal use. If you can navigate the complexities of uploading 360 imagery to Google E...
@mathteacher its 2.4 miles as the crow flies.
0.5 in 10000' might be a bit much. If split into 2 with separate scale factors would it essentially be treated as two different adjacent projects? ...
My reply is always 'please put me on your do not email list'. It's simply not worth the hassle. This is becoming more common around here. I have ha...
Definitely not a requirement around here unless you're doing a boundary line adjustment. Around here that is the Title company completes the research...
Thanks @mulambda382 We have that reference handy. It's not an ownership issue, it's a legal description issue. That's how i see it, which i why i wa...
You're not missing anything @lurker, as that is also my interpretation. Someone above pointed out the government lot issue as well. Lot 1 is also par...
Great catch Roy! You are correct. What's your take on the matter?
Good point Peter, but it IS being used as the description for conveyance...currently.
@thebionicman Are you implying people actually failed the ID take home? I thought it was the easiest one ever back in the day.
It certainly depends on your firm's needs and type of work they do. For us, we've seriously been considering the SLAM technology. It seems like game...