Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
I'm working on one of those descriptions right now and simply used southeasterly along the 'creek or OHW' a distance of 100' more less to ...... The c...
I'm with Mighty Moe on this one. However, i have no idea how you would even begin to do a lot of what you want without TBC. It's pretty much a requi...
I think this will depend heavily on the laws in your state. Around here, all plats have a dedication of right of way and acceptance by the municipali...
We run 1-man crews 90% of the time. We've been doing this for the last decade. Sure, there are potential safety risks that might be associated with ...
Well said Murphy. I've learned way more about business and $$ from Engineers than I ever have from the numerous Surveyors i work with. No disrespect t...
Of course 'it depends'. Do you want the new owner as a client? How much would it cost him to hire someone else to do the project? Quote him a lump ...
4 months isn't much of a delay, happens around here constantly. With that said, for an ALTA survey it can be a little more complicated depending on t...
I don't know that this is possible. We export linework often and sometime points using Sincpac, but usually it's just linework only from Civil3d. We...
No one in their right mind would have an accountant run their surveying or engineering company. They typically know nothing of our business. While t...
I just mean someone that is further up the managerial hierarchy than the PLS and exercises the latitude that typically comes with those higher ranking...
The thumbs up option is only available when viewing from the activity thread. A very odd structure indeed. It's extremely common that grid to ground ...
The ROS which this is all based on has more bearing and datum information than i have ever seen on a survey. It clearly states ground coordinates and...
Have you checked the data using GPS to find consistency in their apparent errors?
Yes, it's a PITA to even get the new form and using it is even harder. It will not work with Bluebeam, I could only get it to work for me by download...
Recording the survey after the easement is recorded is the optimal way by far. Why would co-workers care?? Who is doing the actual recording? It sho...
Correct, if setup property it would work just fine. Not sure what the benefit of adding Carlson into to the mix is though. If you already have Civil...
If your primary concern is a smooth transition from Carlson points to C3D then the answer should be easy. As Norman pointed out, C3d works great with...
The utility companies aren't even required to mark in the field for design/planning level tickets in all areas we work. Some do, some don't. You ne...
We haven't had any issues with sync manager in the years we've been using it. You say it's going away? What's the replacement?