AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Deed Term

It's not uncommon to run into this situation in our area of work. The County recorder and assessor will record any deed and the assessor will map sai...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Another "good" one

With today's technology I don't really care much about the basis of bearing statements on surveys. Although they do need to meet state requirements. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you combined data types (TS/GPS/Level)?

@bc-surveyor less than 50% of our projects involve TS station use and when they do it's usually on the construction side of things. We always start w...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Another "good" one

While I would never put that exact statement on my survey, I have seen very similar ones. I don't have any issue with this statement as long as it me...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you combined data types (TS/GPS/Level)?

We're a Trimble shop so it's all seamless, GPS or TS are both done with the same data collector(s) and software.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Reader Pro Version 3 - Plot Deeds In Seconds

I agree with your subscription model, it's much more efficient. We use dozens of software and I can't name one that isn't part of a subscription. Ju...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Utility Easement

I dont know how eminent domain works in Oregon, but i have worked on several projects in ID involving eminent domain. Each one took 2-3 years for jus...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Utility Easement

You can do your work in whatever coordinate system you prefer, it's your product. From an easement perspective, this is just a map. We really need t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate file versus raw data file

I am with @MightyMoe All raw data imported to TBC. Coordinates exported for downstream use.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: California Survey Costs

In reply to the OP. Do you conduct survey work without a fully signed scope of work and fee? Without one you don't have much efficient recourse.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Another solo software question

All of the above options are good but be sure you're in compliance with your state rules regarding electronic/digital signatures on your professional ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What UAV would you buy today?

My understanding is that they will no longer be allowed to be sold in the US after a certain date. Needless to say we'll not be replacing our 3 DJI d...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo to small shop owners question

As with any software....it depends. What are you needing to do with the software. If it's just email, word a spreadsheet you can probably go the chea...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practice to measure GNSS Antenna Height used with tripod?

We used fixed height tripods exclusively for all GPS work. I would highly recommend them. We never (outside of poor gps areas) had any vertical issue...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

What you need is appropriate field and office software that work together seamlessly and a set of processes and procedures. While your current method...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Mis-Aligned Right of Way Taking

I've dealt with similar issues in ID for decades. There is no straight answer, it's all about the research, deeds and what's on the ground. Around ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

Civil3D is not a GPS processor at all. How do you analyze your GPS data before it's pushed downstream for use by you and others? I'd be extremely c...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning Manhole Inverts at Scale

Do you have a wearable SLAM scanner? We've used our VLX3 on shallow <8' Manholes with success.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

The concept makes sense but the application might be lacking. I assume you are traversing due to non-gps friendly work throughout the corridor? If ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Training for button pushers

Knowing the right tools for the project and knowing the ins and out of the tools they are using. Don't be afraid to explore the software/hardware. - W...

2 years ago
Page 7 / 51