AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Multiple layered dxf files and staking out

Depending on your location in the chain of command  you or someone will need to check your contract.  Every contract I have ever seen says '...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: .las files

I believe they can be used with Autodesk Recap(a terrible program with no real survey functionality at all) but certainly not in Acad 12 map 3d.?ÿ I a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Multiple layered dxf files and staking out

Provided by whom? The contractor? The designer? The surveyor??ÿ We rarely receive and use data provided by others.?ÿ If we do receive data from others...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the largest surveying fine you've ever seen?

We are not contractors, we provide professional services.?ÿ We win a lot and charge a lot and have never been passed over by any municipality because ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the largest surveying fine you've ever seen?

Not in this neck of the woods.?ÿ Municipalities are restricted from contracting professional services based on cost.?ÿ It is qualification based acros...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D Add labels

The Sincpac C3d addon will do that, and rotate the tail too.?ÿ Its well worth the $, you will make it up in less than a week guaranteed.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d updates

Saving back, if necessary, will be your biggest issue but you probably already have that issue anyways.?ÿ We never used 17, went from 16 to 18 where w...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pond Topo

We have done the same quite efficiently.?ÿ I think it all depends on the size of the pond but you can get simple bathymetry setups relatively cheaply ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Our future?

I doubt you will find an attorney providing bids.?ÿ Professionals should not be providing bids.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Closure Reports

There are a two different ways to create closure reports in the out of the box version of C3D: Parcels and MapCheck Parcels are the simplest as you ca...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Best/most affordable cad software

If you want the most surveyor-user unfriendly piece of topo/dtm processing software out there I would choose a Bentley product as well.  Flat out...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: "Plot Plans" again

All i can say is I am glad there is nothing even close to a mortgage survey/plan in any of the states I work in.?ÿ To call if a professional product r...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: railroad val maps at National Archive

I have experienced the same thing when working near a BNSF row.  They simply refused to provide any maps.  Luckily there was enough private ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar Apr 25 on the fate of the US Survey foot

Just say no to the metric system.  Its been tried in this neck of the woods at the state levels with abysmal results.  I can certainly do wi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: fema LOMA's

I have worked on a few of those and in each instance we hire a hydraulic engineer, run the cross sections and send them the data.?ÿ They run their com...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone work

A 1 mile long drone project is actually quite sizeable when flying at the low heights and way more then i would recommend for a first project.?ÿ ?ÿ Yo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a boundary completed by others

I respectfully disagree(even though my board evidently doesn't).  The responsibility falls on the shoulders of those designing the building and t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a boundary completed by others

I would be extremely unhappy with a scenario like that.  Obviously the siteplan was incorrect if a building was designed by professionals to be b...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a boundary completed by others

I have been on both sides of this scenario.?ÿ Some good, some bad.?ÿ It really doesn't matter if xyz surveyor completed a recorded survey of the exter...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Reliance Letter

It sounds like they want a new ALTA without a new ALTA.?ÿ I haven't completed many ALTAs lately but I don't believe that statement is listed or identi...

8 years ago
Page 24 / 51