Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
I didn't know the TSC5 had ports and cabling that would connect to a computer. If you have TBC and the TSC5 why not use trimble sync manager? No cab...
Interesting, it works great for us because we often expand our topo area and need to ensure we don't overlap existing data. That's our primary use. We...
Bstrand,We create a project template file for every project. That way you don't need to continually export job files. We never export job files, we e...
We run this exact scenario often. Many of our projects have 2 field staff completing topo at the same time. We don't use the linework functions wit...
100% Correct, drones are great for any surface you can see like dirt, gravel, concrete, etc...but terrible with anything like grass, weeds, brush, etc...
I was just there today and also received errors and could not download the pdf file. Tested with two other staff with the same results.
I agree. The R12i can provide highly accurate values under normally impossible canopy. Of course, you still need to conduct proper redundancy and ti...
We do a ton of concrete work with GPS. Of course, if the grades are really flat we'll break out the gun or the level but for the most part, it's all ...
The boundary line work would be resolved and ready to go before it ever left our office. It would be a drafting exercise at that point. So, we are o...
It depends on what type of product you are having them prepare. Topographic maps dont require much in depth review as long as you're standards are se...
You should easily achieve results within the given parameters as long as your base is relatively nearby and your GPS is relatively current. Definitel...
While not a requirement, it's probably much easier to just go ahead and add it to appease them and move on. All easements can be extinguished. Just ...
My assumption is that the set of drawings, with the certification, will fulfill the requirements of the WAC. I've never seen one that meets the req...
I'm concerned that the discussion is drifting away from the original question. I'm not asking if as-builts are required in your area, I'm asking if th...
The primary cities we work in vary with as-built requirements. SOme require surveyed GIS data, others just go collect the features themselves with ot...
We use sincpac and can't imagine not having it. It has a ton of features, we're still finding them after years of use. We do a lot of staking and it...
i keep a google earth database of all our primary gps base points and section corner ties. I don't include individual monuments as that would overloa...
Not just topo work...everything out of our offices are supposed to be either stamped and signed or marked preliminary...WAC 196-23-020 Correct, but...
It depends on what the engineer wants and what's in the contract. If neither are in sync then you can encounter issues ranging from small to substant...
Is it still big with the DoT's stateside? Yes. I know of some that specify (and verify) that all work is done native in MicroStation and not conve...