AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Trundle
Trundle
@trundle
Free
Joined: September 16, 2016 6:35 pm
Last seen: July 16, 2026 11:33 am
Topics: 3 / Replies: 79
Reply
RE: Survey CAD tech requirements.

Wow, I stand corrected! I wish I had known about these programs 7 years ago!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Disgruntled client voicemail

Are you taking him to court for refusing to pay for the survey? Or is he taking you to court for not holding what HE thinks is his property line? As a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey CAD tech requirements.

Survey drafting isn't really taught anywhere that I know of. You can either teach a drafter how to survey, or teach a surveyor how to draft.?ÿ I start...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does your state have the ability?

Indiana has a 4 year degree requirement, including a number of survey related classes. To my knowledge there is no 4 year survey program in this state...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: CAD POINTs and C3D Surfaces

If those point entities have an elevation aasociaass with them, he can add them to the surface as a block.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D Raster manipulation

Posted by: Cameron Watson PLS If you work with Survey points in C3D the 'osnapz' command will be a highly utilized setting.?ÿ If it's set to '0' and y...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Terramodel user using civil 3d

Terramodel Command: Building ( i draw a line and then it lets me input the distances of a building and it does the 90 angles) ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ To draw lines a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I need direction for LSIT

I took the exam a few years ago. The test is online now, and can be scheduled almost anytime. It still takes a few weeks to get your results but its b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sections in Google Earth

Yes. Send me an email and I will send you a .kmz.?ÿ

9 years ago
Reply
RE: "Site" Survey quirk

Your hatch boundary is not closed. You can click on the hatch, "extract" the boundary, then offset it it 0.2' in either direction, then offset it back...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Find-A-Control iPhone Ap...

I don't know how well it works on a phone, but there is a google Earth plugin that finds NGS control stations around a point (you can filter for verit...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost my touch

flyin solo, post: 446610, member: 8089 wrote: i will say this: relative to the egg basket of national cheapo firms that do surveys i review on a regu...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost my touch

I am not sure how it works in San Fransisco, but in Seattle the downtown properties are all referenced by centerline monuments. Once you connect the C...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson to Civil 3D

You can get it to work, but as ssorcbor mentioned....it takes some converting, exporting, importing, etc, but nothing really complicated. The only dow...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Washington State?

I know a few people who might be interested (and specialize in alta's). I can forward thier names Id you'd like.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why would you do this?

Daniel Ralph, post: 431852, member: 8817 wrote: ....it would be a good day to set aside the dreadful SDOT drawing that I am toiling over....On an a so...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Meeting another company's crew

ken, post: 428276, member: 1548 wrote: These guys were robots, no emotion--just blank stares. I stuck my hand out to say hello, and it was not very ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D: Point Grouping Utility

Civil 3D point tables list points based on whatever attribute column you select (usually point number, but could be elevation, description, coordinate...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How it goes... the surveying business spectrum.

I am not licensed yet), but have worked for firms at both end of the spectrum. The ultra high end, top of the line firm had very generous deadlines an...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 5