AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
tim-reed
tim-reed
@tim-reed
Free
Joined: July 20, 2010 1:42 pm
Topics: 22 / Replies: 82
Reply
RE: Hello

Hey Joel! The first and only GIS guy I've ever worked with that truly appreciates the dark magic we surveyors know and use daily.Welcome aboard.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting application of photogrammetry and SfM

They seem to have quite a bit of junk in the river out by Tuntutuliak. Attached files

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Time Saving Device

I've used one for lots of things, but never been so lazy as to drive to my turn points. My average sight is 250', it would take longer to collapse th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica viva NMEA output: $GNGGA vs. $GPGGA?

Did you buy the app from Leica? I remember the 530s and 1200s had NMEA output built in, but Viva required purchasing the app.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS as a "check"

I start all new projects with OPUS.Montana DOT is of the opinion that they can do way better with TBC. So yeah, sometimes I do use OPUS for a check o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Bearings (USA) and total stations

We demo'd the Leica TS-15 when it first came on the market several years ago. I remember sitting in the conference room with a bunch of surveyors and...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Relationship between two inclined surfaces?

I would create a volume surface between the two inclined planes. I would then shade the volume surface by elevation ranges: -X to -0.01' could be bl...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1797
Reply
RE: Hydrants as monuments patent

Really?They patented a scribe on a fire hydrant?Love their photos, yeah that top nut is super solid.F&%^$tards.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Surveying, Close Range Photogrammetry

Licensure for 3D model constructionSo I'm licensed in AK and MT. Would building a 3D model for a client in NY be a violation? What good is the feder...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PIX4D model. No UAV, just iphone and survey rod

True, and that's what I intend to do in the next couple of weeks. Have to GPS a few more targets and run some reflectorless on the house.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PIX4D model. No UAV, just iphone and survey rod

Moe, the latest version released late last week has much better 3D mouse control.Left button + drag = panShift+Left button + drag = orbitMakes it way ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PIX4D model. No UAV, just iphone and survey rod

I don't think relative accuracy will improve much, but targets will improve orientation to NAD83. I did read though that GCPs can help individual ori...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Set up of GPS receiver on tripod

Try it without the extender and you'll find out.First, the radio antenna gets bent over by the tribrach puck.Second, there isn't room to get an extern...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: R10 tilt function

Love it too Moe. Unless i'm around metal. Great for tying wood construction bldg corners at true location. Nabbed a 1/4 corner under a fence with b...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC How to swap a foresight/backsight occupation?

Good advice so far.One other method is to open a new "optical spreadsheet" and change the setup there.

12 years ago
Page 2 / 6