AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Stephen Calder
Stephen Calder
@stephen-calder
Free
Joined: July 3, 2010 3:12 pm
Topics: 27 / Replies: 429
Topic
13 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 878
Reply
RE: What's the difference between FLOAT and FIXED?

wait...WHAT?> Stephen> ... While the PPP can result in precision near that of normal post processed kinematic, we are talking post processed. T...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the difference between FLOAT and FIXED?

wait...WHAT?It's true. There is a methodology called PPP, Precise Point Positioning, that only uses float solutions. It should only be used when the r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the difference between FLOAT and FIXED?

This image is from Trimble. Stephen

13 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the difference between FLOAT and FIXED?

There are radio waves sent out from each satellite. Each wave has a 19cm wavelength. The phase center of your receiver antenna is close to one of the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Client hires 3 surveyors, still doesn't get right answer

I don't follow your post entirely, perhaps some graphics would help, but I do understand that three surveyors arrived at three different conclusions f...

13 years ago
Reply
13 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Cuba

They are poor in the sense that they don't spend an hour an a half each day commuting to work in an expensive, oversized vehicle. They do spend perhap...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Cuba

I highly recommend that anyone who can take a trip to Cuba should take it. It is a wonderful place, with some very interesting dynamics, like the gove...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions

> In a metes and bounds state, what do you guys/gals do when you have legal descriptions for the same parcel that don't agree? I like to call out ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions

> > > If you find the bounds for your surveyed parcel and they match the adjoiner's bounds, you need to provide an up to date metes and bound...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions

> I think I've heard that the tax parcel ID's are subject to change at the whim of the assessor's GIS people. Not that it happens often, but a pos...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How many people on this forum are "Leica"

I'm in Monrovia, Liberia instructing a group of 26 local surveyors and surveyors-to-be for USAID. The project acquired a set of three Leica total stat...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

Not down on them at all. Just want to hear the arguments. I appreciate the response. I'm off for work, and will digest it later in the day. Thanks, St...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence corners used as property corners

I agree with Duane. No way would I hold the irons so that the lines slice through houses while being that far out of record position. The fences sound...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

> I am from Tasmania and since 2005 here, every survey that goes to the titles office has had to be on grid north datum and coordinated. > > ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Writing your own deed?

> I have written several deeds that were recorded and I am just a brush ape.What do you mean, "just"?

13 years ago
Page 2 / 23