AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Stephen Calder
Stephen Calder
@stephen-calder
Free
Joined: July 3, 2010 3:12 pm
Topics: 27 / Replies: 429
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings:

> What is "True North"... really...True north is that point on the earth's surface that intersects the axis of rotation. It's easy to find by the w...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings:

> "True North, by GPS observation". > > My problem with this, is that it leaves the question hanging... does he even know what his Basis of B...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Note on survey map

> Interesting way to label what must be an overlap. Could also be labeled, "Area of Confusion and Uncertainty".Well, I see that it CONFUSED one su...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 1098
Reply
RE: I HATE GIS!!!

> > It's not incorrect. Incorrect means inaccurate. The information is accurate to its standards which is mapping grade standards. It is not ac...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I HATE GIS!!!

> > This information is incorrect and it caused actual property owners harm. > It's not incorrect. Incorrect means inaccurate. The informatio...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I HATE GIS!!!

> I HATE GIS!> > Trying to explain to a client that property lines on these maps are not correct is the pits. If they get the map online, fro...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another wrinkle in the "Hold The Monuments?" debate

> > > Does this extra bit of data change any minds?> > As for the math itself, that is where things get very interesting. The DOT in t...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another wrinkle in the "Hold The Monuments?" debate

> In a thread below I pose a question for consideration. It appears to have sparked a good bit of debate and that is what I hoped.> > Severa...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

I agree with Paul on this> The highway IS the monument. I've actually watched laborers with an auger pull up a stake, begin a hole, hit a rock or ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

> > > As to "how close is close enough"- that is the age old argument. Since the monuments are probably 6" square, you've got a pretty fair ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

> Well, in this case the "deed staker" was supposed to do it right based on the math of the highway plans and didn't do it right. So it is correct...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

> > > > If you can reconcile the plans with the majority of the monuments, hold the plans. The monuments are in the wrong place - simple ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

> If you can reconcile the plans with the majority of the monuments, hold the plans. The monuments are in the wrong place - simple as that.I once ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

> Most interstates have the land taken (acquired) by plans, the roads are built, and virtually the last thing done is set the monuments.> > T...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

Since They Were Not Set By The Original Surveyor, NO!And what do you mean they weren't set by the original surveyor? Yes, they were. They were set by ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

Since They Were Not Set By The Original Surveyor, NO!Adjacent prperty goes to the correct right of way. The State has no need for additional land, nor...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

Since They Were Not Set By The Original Surveyor, NO!> The highway itself is the monument. Hold the highway. > By that I assume that you mean t...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the monuments?

Ah, this old chestnut again. Read on for my opinion. Stephen

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Two Issues

You've answered your own question. 😉

13 years ago
Page 1 / 23