AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
stacy-carroll
stacy-carroll
@stacy-carroll
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 8:44 am
Last seen: August 4, 2026 1:41 pm
Topics: 261 / Replies: 734
Reply
RE: Altered plats

Bruce, I prepared an "Affidavit for the record". Never thought about calling it a scrivener's affidavit. Does one hold more weight than the other? I w...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Altered plats

I prepared an affidavit and will cross reference the plat when I record it. I have a suspicion that an attorney might have caused the change to be mad...

1 year ago
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 7
Views: 2449
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 2404
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1738
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1623
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1474
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Statement/Certification

That's a pretty standard note for most recent plats I come across. I think it acknowledges that title companies have their specialty and surveyors hav...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Lets see some good examples of field notes

I don't remember the specific situation that drew my wrath as a newly licensed surveyor, but some part of it included an incomplete sketch. I started ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Could this be a stone bound?

I believe you do have a stone bound. Residing in the "Granite Capital of the world", I've seen a few granite monuments (aka "cut stones") used for cor...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Strange (to me) ALTA practice

The unsigned, numberless commitment they finally sent had the word "PENDING" where the legal description should have been. They missed several easemen...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 1313
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 650
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1174
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 730
Reply
RE: Last week was a bear

That I do not know. In any case, it seems negotiations will get results faster than court. The client must be well off... I know the negotiations aren...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Last week was a bear

The original easement Larry granted to John was recorded. I'm relatively certain that John didn't have a title search performed. Not uncommon in the a...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1279
Reply
RE: Description of the week

The scriveners affidavit stated "I had not yet been provided the final plat" for an explanation. Funny thing, the plat had been recorded about two mon...

3 years ago
Page 4 / 50