AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
smitty
smitty
@smitty
Free
Joined: March 7, 2016 4:24 pm
Last seen: April 9, 2026 12:31 pm
Topics: 2 / Replies: 27
Reply
Reply
RE: Body cameras for field work?

Very interesting thread. interested in seeing more perspectives on this issue. I never considered it. I can think of situations that it would have hel...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: hello from wny

Nice fish! Just an update, I finally got licensed in February of 23’. This site has given me some food for thought since being a member. Glad it is st...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How far away is acceptable for a witness device?

I don't think distance is as important as making it clear and simple for the next guy to follow. if a bridge 2 miles away is the best chance at reprod...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone own a Topcon GTS 255?

rfc, post: 280363, member: 8882 wrote: Thinking of moving up. Have an opportunity to own one at a very attractive price (around $2k). Anyone have one...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

Holy Cow, post: 362002, member: 50 wrote: Stumbled onto what I thought was a quarter corner once. It didn't seem right but it was close enough to mak...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

Rich., post: 361536, member: 10450 wrote: We use PKs in asphalt roads mostly. We don't put the survey marker washers because that would make it too ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you tie flagging to a nail?

Floyd Carrington, post: 362026, member: 474 wrote: Harold and A Harris, gentlemen, orange flagging is nose candy to Yankee whitetail deer. If they can...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Acquiescence/Agreement/Estoppel & Remedies

Dan B. Robison, post: 361880, member: 34 wrote: ...and I'll raise... When the boundary lines between two estates is indefinite or unascertained, the o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Merestone

thats cool. always something new to learn:)

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod setup basics

MightyMoe, post: 360546, member: 700 wrote: I hired a guy, he had surveyed for the DOT for years, then became a GIS, then back in the field. First day...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Improvised Traverse Points

looks like skeeter country. nice improvise.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision in Total Station

I can hear my professor at college when I read this saying "there is no such thing as an exact measurement, but we sure do like to get as close as pos...

11 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

aluminum caps below grade in acidic soil conditions corrode, at least the old ones I find that were set years ago. dig one up and it looks like a corr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Drill recommendation

when I was in construction about ten years ago hilti was the name that really worked. would stick to a good name like the ones everybody listed above ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi, My Name is Nathan...

thats great!! congratulations!!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: hello from wny

Warren Smith, post: 361028, member: 9900 wrote: Smitty, Here is a striped bass from the San Joaquin River. They're running early this year - lotsa ra...

11 years ago
Page 1 / 2