AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: Tips for UAS photos used to create orthomosiacs?

leegreen, post: 402618, member: 2332 wrote: Whom ever painted that tried show direction to other control points, and the nail is not centered within t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hardcopy Survey Records Retention?

No records, no assets, attorneys tend to move on toward more productive places.SHG

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hardcopy Survey Records Retention?

thebionicman, post: 402465, member: 8136 wrote: I have DVDs that have stopped reading. They have a shelf life...I am currently copying ALL DVD backups...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hardcopy Survey Records Retention?

Thanks for the input guys, as far as file formats, I keep raw GPS files, raw TS files, etc., I also keep ASCII files of coordinates, PDF files of docu...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 25
Views: 1375
Reply
RE: Nevada State Specific

Tom, results are quick, IIRC NV was about the fastest of all the states, of course small group to grade.SHG

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Nevada State Specific

I sat for the exam in Reno in 2009, not sure if that is recent or relevant, held in the Board offices, about 20 folks around a big conference table. P...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Your Online Presence

sjc1989, post: 401743, member: 6718 wrote: Although I don't have or need a website for all the reasons listed by Mr. Small, I think the time is coming...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Stainless Steel Rebar Caps

What caps are you looking at, these from Bathey? Those look pretty nice, but I wonder about the fastening? Is it setscrews? (after zooming in, I guess...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: IGS Precise Orbits Link?

mkennedy, post: 401729, member: 7183 wrote: Are the files here: ftp://ftp.igs.org/pub/product/1922/Yes, that looks right and you can get final GLONASS...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New Truck, New Problems...

PDOP are you out then? Brad you interested if PDOP is out? I have a flatbed on my truck, so tailgate isn't an issue, but I could see that maybe interf...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New Truck, New Problems...

PoorPDOP, post: 401370, member: 8412 wrote: Well, considering my options are dwindling rapidly, I may take you up on that. Have any pictures or detail...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New Truck, New Problems...

Receiver hitch rack, I have one in the garage I would like to get rid of.SHG

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Robot total stations that last 10+ years

Brad Ott, post: 401195, member: 197 wrote: 18 years, 9 months (with only modifications from radios to long range BT and data collector upgrade).Leica ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: cordless chain saws

For light occasional use I would consider a battery powered saw, not having to mix and carry gas is a primary reason, secondarily we have combustion e...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AT&T 2G Sunset and Leica 1200 GFU Modems

Precision-geo-inc, post: 400763, member: 9801 wrote: The GFU19's are still working with Verizon, so that's another option.Sent from my iPhone using Ta...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Satellite Phones/Terminals?

Mike Mac, post: 400751, member: 2901 wrote: I would stick with the Sat phone....that seems like a good rate for unlimited use.Oh, it is a good rate, a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Flying with GPS as a carry on

Joe the Surveyor, post: 400733, member: 118 wrote: Was on Jetblue last week. I think airlines are wigged out by the Galaxy Note 7 fire issue. The do...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: In demand

John, post: 400693, member: 791 wrote: I'm thinking that the "Great Recession" also had something to do with people leaving surveying. I experienced 2...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AT&T 2G Sunset and Leica 1200 GFU Modems

John Hamilton, post: 400742, member: 640 wrote: I just ordered an external cell modem with wifi, serial, etc from microhard (canadian company). I will...

10 years ago
Page 36 / 47