Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: April 21, 2026 10:50 am
Ouch, this building layout has issues. The easement encroachments will make it very difficult to obtain bank loans for construction and future mortgag...
In my 40 years, I have never used a laser level. Nor a digital level in fact. Sometimes I think I'm missing out, but that goes away after a few minu...
That rod could also be a witness stake to the true monument that is buried. If you can wiggle the square rod out of the ground, use the metal detecto...
Only off by a foot? It's good, hold it and move on. Let's say you are in a rural area. The original surveyor was using a transit and tape, and was ...
@jon-payne You're awesome, thanks
...together with a xxx foot radius easement centered on the catch basin
My limited understanding is, restrictive covenants are only enforceable by a home owners association created among them. A local government isn't goi...
The parent parcel created the boundaries, you are just eliminating a common lot line between the lots
When I started it was 3 and 4-man crews. Lot's of fun, horsing around all day long, usually driving the party chief crazy. Hung over and tired most ...
I've done many large ALTA's, including one for an oil refinery. Like others have said, concentrate on things that may affect title. Show footprints ...
"All you gota do is...." ?ÿ
@norman-oklahoma?ÿ It's easy to forget to edit the rod height in the controller.?ÿ If you see it written in the book, it happened.?ÿ?ÿ The same with...
@andy-j?ÿ Yes.?ÿ It's not a burden, it's what we do.?ÿ?ÿ If you are a one-man band, and you have been surveying for a quadrillion years, I get it. I...
@andy-j Quality Control.?ÿ In the office, we check instrument heights and rod height changes for topo against what was entered in the controller.?ÿ If...