AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Ric-Moore
Ric-Moore
@ric-moore
Free
Joined: October 1, 2010 4:59 pm
Last seen: April 9, 2026 12:45 pm
Topics: 22 / Replies: 819
Reply
RE: never, as a professional, work for free

I have to say that many times surveyors tend to give their services away for free already or so close it might as well be free. For some odd reason, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: PLS license for photogrammetric

I can only speak on what is required in California which has 'photogrammetry', 'topographic surveying', and use of California Coordinates written into...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Utilities

I would submit that you should consider only certifying that which you actually and factually know. For example, you may only actually and factually ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hostile aggressive Pics

makerofmaps, post: 412266, member: 9079 wrote: Here's one near Scottsboro, AL Hopefully there's a structure holding a significant amount of water ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Oh, so THAT'S where that goes...

Taking a shot with the offset reading in the wrong direction

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Louisiana Comity by way of Texas

flyin solo, post: 408884, member: 8089 wrote: edit to above: you'll only have to pass the NCEES exam once, then it'll just be up to specific states as...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Louisiana Comity by way of Texas

TXSurveyor, post: 408851, member: 6719 wrote: Looking to apply for the LA exam. It's a pretty in depth application process so I have to make it count....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of state surveyor

John Putnam, post: 408789, member: 1188 wrote: Even when they had it, you could not get one. The board required you sit for the exam before they issu...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Iowa Surveyor one of the victims in Florida shooting

very sad indeed to hear this. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Neighbor to Client

Bill93, post: 403010, member: 87 wrote: Why would it be a conflict of interest? The surveyor doesn't advocate for (either) client. He just gives his...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Keep your eyes open!

Jim Frame, post: 407418, member: 10 wrote: I'll cop to leaving an unlocked chainsaw in the back of a company truck while parked at a bar one night. N...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - Aerial Mapping: Is Licensure Required in Your State?

makerofmaps, post: 407156, member: 9079 wrote: Here is a good link on that. Seems accurate to California laws. Though I am not exactly clear on wha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Jan. 3, 2017

paden cash, post: 407198, member: 20 wrote: I just did December's billing and typed "2016" forty-seven times..it probably doomed me until at least Apr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Who owns the title and fee public right of ways in a housing tract in California?

So, I'm just curious about two things:Are you guys going to take a break from this over the next few days when you should be spending time with more i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Feds doing their best to cop out on surveying land for transfer to State of Alaska

ken, post: 405446, member: 1548 wrote: They have always been trying to find the cheapest ways, either by staking by waypoints to helicopters and then ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: They're all dead now, and have been for years...

FINALLY, an interesting thread. I've learned all I care to about sidewalks in California

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Harney Peak's Elevation

Cool photos and cool survey!

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Harney Peak's Elevation

Jim Frame, post: 404831, member: 10 wrote: Nice work, as usual. You might want to edit the initial reference to NAVD88, which is spelled out at "Nort...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Neighbor to Client

ken, post: 402937, member: 1548 wrote: I recently got a call from a neighbor of a client I did a boundary survey for. He and I spoke during the surve...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Restraint of Trade

James Fleming, post: 402152, member: 136 wrote: Additionally the court pointed out that the dental board was attempting to regulate an activity (tooth...

10 years ago
Page 26 / 43