AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
On_Point
On_Point
@on_point
Free
Joined: July 17, 2022 8:32 pm
Topics: 19 / Replies: 180
Reply
3 years ago
Reply
RE: Inconvenience Fee

Also our job to be clear about what we find and what we set and do the best job possible so the next guy can retrace our steps and understand the deci...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hey, It's Upside Down

I have to admit, upside down north arrows bother me as well. I generally keep everything rotated north for simplicity.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

@dmyhill I’m curious if you computed the acreage based on the boundary B&D and then topo the whole parcel and created a surface would the acreage ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipod maintenance

@stephen-ward another problem I had with the Trimble bipods with the “foot” was it seemed it was always turned the wrong way to step in.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Survey may not have been where he thought, unclear call for adjoiner

Am I to assume when you trace back the deed description for both parent tracts that the pipe was the original monument? If that’s the case I would hol...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's pro tip

@sergeant-schultz Occasionally, I’ll take my laptop to the field with me but I bet that’s even handier. Wonder if anyone makes a DC that will draw con...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

The region I work in ppl aren’t very confrontational and are generally reasonable. The handful of times I’ve had run ins with landowners I just explai...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's pro tip

Interesting, I’ll have to give it a try with the ole fc6000. Might be a little easier importing and exporting points instead of using the touch screen...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate System

When you say an averaged coordinate, are you saying you set up the base on a point and clicked “here”? Also, are you set up for running static?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

@fairbanksls I would assume to allow some tolerance for imperfect measurement. Perhaps they’re other reasons as well. ‍♂️

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

Always figured if I ever had to start carrying for self defense then it’s time to seek another profession. Also, not sure I’ve ever seen a plat or d...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

To questions arise: 1 - One of the corners was a Iron Axle sticking out of the ground approximately 1'. It's leaning about 20-25 degrees. Where w...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Contractor job site disagreement

Some some contractors only need a couple BM’s and the centerlines with offsets and some want everything staked.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

I guess a simple setup, turn, and shoot for something like a large boundary survey wouldn’t bother me too much. Definitely wouldn’t throw another setu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

Also remember a guy who set two points barely 100’ apart with GPS then came back later with TS to locate a pin at least double the distance in the woo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

I've seen other guys that won't do a resection but they will setup and backsight a point 40 meters away and shoot a point 60 meters away, then check i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

@michigan-left I apologize I got a little off topic I was talking about site calibrations in general not just GPS however there is obviously a need so...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

It may be for some people using an existing projection is simpler and if it’s precise enough to be within tolerances then calibration isn’t necessary,...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Total Stations: Demystifying model names/numbers

@beuckie cool, thanks. I’ll have to give that a try. That would be much less time consuming than exporting all the points, then opening the excel file...

4 years ago
Page 2 / 10